Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WWYD - 300 WBY

I’ve only seen one .300 WBY that I would buy. Tiger maple stock, with rosewood cap on the pistol grip and tip of the forend.

I think I load 88g and call the other two flyers. Or should I go spicier?

View attachment 332412
In a factory rifle I would be happy with a load that consistently shot under an inch at 100. To get there I would shoot a ladder test with powder charge and another with seating depth. This has never failed me and it saves on components and your shoulder

Magnums sometimes have a tendency to foul barrels quicker that others. Some rifles mind and some don’t
That's another thing I learned about this gun.

H1000 loads require a lot of powder in a MkV. I notice that this gun likes one fouling shot, and it's probably only good for 9 rounds after that. Then, the groups open.

I know if u get the 300 wby out with a brake on it. At the public range with a top on the tables. No one will set at the tables beside u! 😆😆

I know if u get the 300 wby out with a brake on it. At the public range with a top on the tables. No one will set at the tables beside u! 😆😆
On that topic, I may be cutting a few inches off this barrel to put a suppressor on it. I don’t shoot with a brake, did before, that was a loud firearm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back