PEAX Equipment

What to look for in a used truck

I second @mtmuley about the used govy rigs. Maintenance is performed regularly and most are driven only seasonally (4-6 months). I bought a used USFS 2007 Ram 1500 in 2014 and it's still going strong. It had 72,000 miles so it averaged around 7,000 miles a year.

Neighbor has a new/used Ranger 4x4 and complained about the rear end sliding around.
I've got a 2019 Ranger and it has a lot of power for a little truck and the rear end gets loose in packed snow. I put a shell on it and that helps, but in 4x4 that truck is unstoppable.

I'd recommend looking at the Falken Wildpeak tires for it.

When buying a used vehicle, the number one thing I do (and my family owned a Ford dealership for three generations) is to look for any bolts that aren't OEM or aren't original body paint color that should be. That's the best way to know if major parts have been replaced or it's been in an accident. That will really give you an idea of body rust as well.

I have decided that mid size is the way to go for this guy. Full size trucks are just larger than I like. The Colorado/Canyon is at the top of my list because the crew cab backseats are spacious enough for rear facing carseats and I can also get the long bed version.

I have decided that mid size is the way to go for this guy. Full size trucks are just larger than I like. The Colorado/Canyon is at the top of my list because the crew cab backseats are spacious enough for rear facing carseats and I can also get the long bed version.
The newer model Frontiers are similar in setup and I personally felt like the back seats were roomier than the other models. And that’s even with me sitting in the front seat at 6’2”. They also offer a long bed version.

I’ve been very happy with mine.

I’ve all but got the green light to replace my hyundai elantra with a better vehicle for me. I do not want to buy a brand new, 40k+ truck, so I’ll go to the used market. I either want a mid size crew cab, or 1500 series double/crew. What do you look for when heading into the pre-ownes market?

Buy a used Raptor, 99% of them have never been off the highway...

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back