Weight Loss Drugs

i guess i'll tell my story. My oldest son died at the age of 24. That was followed by a divorce. I let myself get up to 300 lbs.; A1C 10.4 and diabetic. Started Mounjaro about 1.5 years ago. I'm at 180 lbs and A1C is 5.1. I'd still like to lose another 20 lbs.

What’s the cause for the obesity epidemic in the US? Could it be the food industry being allowed to poison us? Compare the US multinational food companies US ingredients vs the same product they sell in Canada and the EU.

It should be hard to get these drugs, not being handed out like candy by a doctor. What I mean is the doctor should first prescribe seeing a dietician and exercise coach. Seeing a shrink about addictions wouldn't hurt but guess what, half the shrinks and health workers are fat. I get it that some people have addictions and food IMO is the addiction our media is trying to constantly cover up. No fat shaming... fat is beautiful, plus size models, fat people in all the ads and TV shows trying to normalize it. This country needs to get back to saying out loud being fat is NOT healthy, NOT normal, and NOT something to be proud of and promote. Both of my parents were very obese. My Mother and Brother both got stomach bypass surgery, My wife is obese with no signs of wanting to curb it. I have carb addictions and love beer and sweets so I know the problems with my weight but I hardcore MTB and or trail run a min of 3 times a week to justify eating what I like. If that doesn't keep my pant waistline from getting tight I cut back on the bad foods and control it. I am not ready to take the easy way out and start taking a drug for my bad habits. This country needs to get on board with bitch slapping the sugar industry and GMO food industry out of our stores. Half the reason people are fat is the crap they eat, the other half is being a couch potato. Again, not against these drugs, just against them being used by doctors and people as a first path of losing weight. I read a good quote the other day. : "If grocery stores have a health food isle, what is the rest of the store?" And again, I am not against people who take these but it should not be the easy way out. Even more alarming is seeing the kids these days being so fat.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KsJoey
Back