Caribou Gear Tarp

Voting Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb politics by the Dems in these cases, but absolutely zero relationship to actual ballot fraud. Still waiting for evidence of a true election ballot steal of any relevant size in any election in the last 40 years. Have heard it from left and right for 40 years - still waiting for more than mere story telling by either side.

It's interesting The FBI has an entire page dedicated to the enforcement and prosecution of election fraud.
One *could wonder why it's necessary. Hold my beer as I share a couple cases (not beer cases) from this year. See below.

Example:

Fraud by an Elections/Campaign Official or Other Individual:

• Changing a ballot tally or engaging in other corrupt behavior as an elections official
  • Providing a voter with money or something of value in exchange for voting for a specific candidate or party in a federal election
  • Threatening a voter with physical or financial harm if they don’t vote or don’t vote a certain way
  • Trying to prevent qualified voters from voting by lying about the time, date, or place of an election (voter suppression)

Sampling of 2024 FBI prosecution cases...

It's interesting The FBI has an entire page dedicated to the enforcement and prosecution of election fraud.
One *could wonder why it's necessary. Hold my beer as I share a couple cases (not beer cases) from this year. See below.

Example:

Sampling of 2024 FBI prosecution cases...

I am glad we have laws, information and prosecution. None of that proves the change of any particular outcome, let alone a wide sweeping conspiracy to control the country as some seem to allude to.

Show the material outcomes to any of this. You can't - just like Stacie Abrahams in Georgia couldn't, the Gore team couldn't, and the Cheetos-in-Chief couldn't.

Two points of curiosity for voters:

1. If you have no idea about any of the candidates in a non-partisan race do you guess or do you leave blank?
2. If someone is running unopposed, to you bother filling in the dot (or pulling the lever, or punching the tab, or whatever you do in your state)?

My answers are, "Blank" and "No"

My wife I have absentee voted for years. It's simple. We even hand deliver our ballots to an official drop off site on the way to work, or when in town doing errands. You can also easily go on line to confirm that your ballot has been accepted. Beats standing in line on election day.

What hoops are you forced to jump through in South Dakota that make it so hard?
To be honest it's not the end of the world, but each year you have to get the notarized form sent into the county auditor.

For some reason I thought there was more to it last time I looked

Two points of curiosity for voters:

1. If you have no idea about any of the candidates in a non-partisan race do you guess or do you leave blank?
2. If someone is running unopposed, to you bother filling in the dot (or pulling the lever, or punching the tab, or whatever you do in your state)?

My answers are, "Blank" and "No"
Blank
No - i write in someone. @Shed God might be the goto this year.

But really... more people shouldnt vote in elections they dont understand.

As for mail in -- my dad served in a war time military, my mom and dad worked their whole adult lives - paying the bills, paying their taxes, raising their kids so the rest of society didn't have to, and voting in every single election. I am appreciative that near the end of these well lived lives, when their minds were still strong but their bodies were weak, that MN had super simple mail in voting so they could continue to participate in democracy - they had earned that right.

The average person may think tough voting "hoops" are put in place to ensure fair elections, but that is just what you are told in public discussion. In the backrooms of one party there is absolutely an intentional goal of reducing the voting numbers of the poor and less educated by making the "hoops" be a disincentive. While I have voted often for this party due to my economics and foreign policy views, it turns my stomach they play this game. And I am disappointed in my fellow conservatives for not being educated and honest about what is actually going on here.

This is not unique approach for just elections, it's just like the gun grabbers constantly trying to make guns just a little harder to buy/own for the average Joe, and the anti-abortion folks making the procedure as hard to get as possible. Both know they can't solve the problem, but they can discourage many and use fear to rack up donations and votes.

But really... more people shouldnt vote in elections they dont understand.

There is no excuse not to have a plausible basis for things like president, senate, reps, governor state leg, mayor, city council, etc. But I am happy to admit I have no idea what the "watershed district #5" seats are and why we have two of them on my ballot. Can't the city, state or county handle this? I am not wasting my time figuring it out.

I am glad we have laws, information and prosecution. None of that proves the change of any particular outcome, let alone a wide sweeping conspiracy to control the country as some seem to allude to.

Show the material outcomes to any of this. You can't - just like Stacie Abrahams in Georgia couldn't, the Gore team couldn't, and the Cheetos-in-Chief couldn't.

The Gore case is imo different than the other two, especially Trump's case. They were pressing for a recount, and each side was contesting individual ballots that were difficult to decipher, due to a less than perfect ballot punching mechanism. He also graciously conceded when the Supreme Court ruled in Bush's favor.

Something that rarely gets asked is why, if Biden stole the last election, why did he not also sweep a wave of Democrats into power while he was at it? It seems just as easy to steal a congressional seat as the presidency.

Our country has been in a Mexican standoff politically, for the last few decades. We are close to evenly divided by political party. The electoral college has twice this century awarded the presidency to the candidate who the majority of the population did not want to be the president. I truly doubt that the founders wanted presidents elected with a minority of the total vote. It was one of many compromises needed to get agreement when writing the Constitution.

The Gore case is imo different than the other two, especially Trump's case. They were pressing for a recount, and each side was contesting individual ballots that were difficult to decipher, due to a less than perfect ballot punching mechanism. He also graciously conceded when the Supreme Court ruled in Bush's favor.

Something that rarely gets asked is why, if Biden stole the last election, why did he not also sweep a wave of Democrats into power while he was at it? It seems just as easy to steal a congressional seat as the presidency.

Our country has been in a Mexican standoff politically, for the last few decades. We are close to evenly divided by political party. The electoral college has twice this century awarded the presidency to the candidate who the majority of the population did not want to be the president. I truly doubt that the founders wanted presidents elected with a minority of the total vote. It was one of many compromises needed to get agreement when writing the Constitution.
Much to agree with, but one clarification and one rebuttal.

As for Gore, I agree he handled it differently, but to this day I know many Dems (some in positions of power) who firmly believe Bush "stole" that election - even though the NYTimes of all places actually used FOIA to get all the ballots, did their own recount and still had Bush winning by 500+.

As for founders -- they absolutely wanted a person who polled very high in big cities to lose to one who was the favorite of a large number of more rural states. That was a fundamental, intentional and well understood design choice. Folks can reasonably agree/disagree on the point, but in no way is it some quirky and pointless artifact that has crazy results in a modern context. It works just as designed and for the same reasons it was designed. We can change it if we want, but there are real benefits to managing a geographically huge and diverse nation.

Dumb politics by the Dems in these cases, but absolutely zero relationship to actual ballot fraud
I don't believe the Trumpster nor the Donkey Bawler sounds of elections completely swayed by ballot fraud.
I am responding to the basis that fraud does occur at the polling stations, in transit of votes, judges falsifying the certification of votes, etc.
I quoted your response to Nick's comment.
Screenshot_20240627-095453.png

The interesting aspect of internet discussions more often than not the response isn't to the person who plays Johnny Cochran. It's for all of us reading the comments.

I shared aspects of ballot fraud. And those are the ones prosecuted. Percentage of crime that is caught with successful convictions and crime that are never caught holds a wide birth.

In my book Colorado Supreme Court attempt to forcefully remove a presidential candidate from primaries is ballot fraud! Because it's done by the Colorado Liberal Supreme Court is... Garbage. However, par for the course...

I don't believe the Trumpster nor the Donkey Bawler sounds of elections completely swayed by ballot fraud.
I am responding to the basis that fraud does occur at the polling stations, in transit of votes, judges falsifying the certification of votes, etc.
I quoted your response to Nick's comment.
View attachment 330972
You need to follow that line of replies if you want to actually see what I actually said. It started with a response to my remark, "Still waiting to see the supposed fraud that is supposedly controlling our elections."

I never said minor uneventful shit never happens and is never addressed in due course.

In my book Colorado Supreme Court attempt to forcefully remove a presidential candidate from primaries is ballot fraud! Because it's done by the Colorado Liberal Supreme Court is... Garbage. However, par for the course...
It is not "ballot fraud" as those words have been used for 200+ years. But sure, it's the internet so I guess you can make up your own words.

Also, how does this compare to Ohio refusing to waive the timing rule on when the Dems/GOP have their party convention appointment of their obvious and unambiguous chosen candidate - when they and others states in the past routinely did it?

Ballot fraud if they won't put Biden on it?

Of course not, just petty politics that work themselves out - as it did with CO.

What about the ones who say I will take your public lands away? Hint, starts with an R.
Do you really believe that's just an R thing? I am not sure. What I am sure of is how important public lands are to our freedom even beyond hunting/ fishing/ hiking. I am worried the D party wants to have the biggest push ever to cover up our public lands with green energy wind and solar. There is alot of big money and media money ready to go all in and they have the influencers lined up to promote the agenda. Heck I think the R party is ready to join in on the opportunity as well. Just wait and
see soon even some of the purest Hunting/fishing and outdoor influencers will be promoting the loss of public lands to green energy.

Imagine all the research dollars that will be available to study this opportunity
Imagine all the research jobs. The environmental consulting jobs. Lots of opportunity and job security for many.

Doomsday

I wonder how and why anyone that owns a firearm would vote for someone that says I WILL TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY. Voting should be a PRIORITY for hunters and firearm owners.
Used to be for me. Then it came down to everyone you voted for lied to get votes and your concern's get washed away. I can't think of any other part of our system as disgraceful as politics. On top of that my one vote isn't going to change the outcome of any election.

I think its amazing how great a job the founding fathers did
If you consider the other governments of their era and the fact there was very little common history/culture gluing together the 13 states it is even more remarkable.

But dude, they could have gotten a 7th grade English teacher to write the first 10 amendments and saved us a whole bunch of hassle.

Again, for some of you that aren't paying attention ... the public land transfer by Rs is a fake political issue or as others have said flat out lie. The only proposal is the opposite ... bipartisan to prevent public land sale.

Fwiw, one of the cosponsors (R from Montana) is probably one of the biggest supporters of the R from Montana running for Senate.

Used to be for me. Then it came down to everyone you voted for lied to get votes and your concern's get washed away. I can't think of any other part of our system as disgraceful as politics. On top of that my one vote isn't going to change the outcome of any election.
Just remember YOUR 0ne VOTE may let you keep your hunting place and or your guns. Plus after you vote don't you feel better ? I think the only thing worse than politics IS THE LEGAL SYSTEM !

Much to agree with, but one clarification and one rebuttal.

As for Gore, I agree he handled it differently, but to this day I know many Dems (some in positions of power) who firmly believe Bush "stole" that election - even though the NYTimes of all places actually used FOIA to get all the ballots, did their own recount and still had Bush winning by 500+.

As for founders -- they absolutely wanted a person who polled very high in big cities to lose to one who was the favorite of a large number of more rural states. That was a fundamental, intentional and well understood design choice. Folks can reasonably agree/disagree on the point, but in no way is it some quirky and pointless artifact that has crazy results in a modern context. It works just as designed and for the same reasons it was designed. We can change it if we want, but there are real benefits to managing a geographically huge and diverse nation.

So, how many Democrats (some in positions of power) will publicly state 2000 was stolen...compared to Republicans who can not say that Biden won a fair election? I think the margin is larger than the Florida election margin. That was a very false equivalency.

If they purposely designed a system that allows the minority of society to hold the bulk of power, they designed an unsustainable system. For much of our history the electoral college agreed with the popular vote. It is recently with the very large rural/urban partisan divide that it has most often put the candidate that lost the popular vote into the Whitehouse. It is the only office that advantages some voters, at the expense of others.

You will have a difficult time convincing me that every scenario was carefully considered and accounted for, when they agreed to an electoral college. They compromised on many things to get an agreement, they made some mistakes. One of them nearly ended the nation with a civil war.

The electoral college is another one. I'm not so naive to think it will get changed. Anyone who holds an advantage very rarely gives it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back