Caribou Gear Tarp

Verizon in Denver

Bigjay73

Is anyone else's phone little more than a paperweight in Denver these days? I can have 3 or 4 bars of 5G and not be able to send an email. Phone works perfectly on wifi, is disappointing on the Verizon network.

While I can't speak for Denver, I can speak for central MN. It seemed like Verizon progressively got worse until I was dropping calls driving from home to work. Once that became regular, I dropped them and went to AT&T. So far I love it. I've had it for a year now. Work phone is Verizon and it sucks in most places AT&T thrives in.

So far extremely happy with my switch.

Fine in Denver, terrible whenever I'm up in Boulder. Might be the part of the city you're in, we're in WashPark.

i never imagined i would be thinking of changing wireless carriers. but verizon big time has me thinking that i might actually change my wireless service.

verizon is bad everywhere.

I'm waiting for the supossed elon & tmobile idea to come out...but it's prolly already been bought out and only being talked about on the web.

I've heard for 40 years we will have a new grid, new bridges,hwys...

If you can put your phone in 4G only, you will get better service. Folks ask me why I still have a S20 and haven't upgraded..S20 still always you to toggle between 4g and 5g most newer phones have removed that option...the newer phones actually look for wifi 1st, to off load traffic on the carrier network, then 5G.
5G signal propagation is horrible due to high frequencies.

In the Denver area. My wife has Verizon and I have AT&T. Both have weird quirks but her Verizon is definitely better than my AT&T.

Verizon would drop calls all the time but it got better after going to a local Verizon store where they performed a carrier reset of some type. Not sure if this was on her iPhone device or in their system. It works pretty well now.

My AT&T iPhone must be restarted multiple times a day for it to work properly. It sends people straight to voicemail and can't place calls. No, it's not on any kind of "focus" or "do not disturb" mode. Restart it and it works properly for 30-60 minutes then the same thing again. This doesn't happen when I'm elsewhere in the country. I haven't been to an AT&T store to see if there's anything they can do on their end.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back