Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bowhunters - not a big impact?

***I’ve never taken a shot at an animal at these distances nor ever would consider it.***

Here’s an example of modern compound technology going too far:

I haven’t shot my bow in a couple weeks. I pulled up to the range, stepped out of the truck cold, forgot to consider the maybe 6mph light breeze on my neck moving left to right, and this was my first shot of the day at 134 yards:
View attachment 341022

I then shot 2 arrows each at 90, 100, 110, and the one green arrow at 120, which I would consider a poor shot but within the “BOA”:

View attachment 341024

Adult onset hunters without much experience, people with poor ethics, people needing kill content for their egos/livelihood, etc. are having similar results at the range and carrying it over to the field on live targets with the multitude of other variables that accompany a living animal and hunting situation. I’d be all for regulating technology capabilities in all aspects of hunting, rifle and archery. We will eventually have to do so or face less opportunity to hunt.
Is your bottom pin 0.010?

***I’ve never taken a shot at an animal at these distances nor ever would consider it.***

I haven’t shot my bow in a couple weeks. I pulled up to the range, stepped out of the truck cold, forgot to consider the maybe 6mph light breeze on my neck moving left to right, and this was my first shot of the day at 134 yards:
View attachment 341022

I then shot 2 arrows each at 90, 100, 110, and the one green arrow at 120, which I would consider a poor shot but within the “BOA”:

View attachment 341024

Adult onset hunters without much experience, people with poor ethics, people needing kill content for their egos/livelihood, etc. are having similar results at the range and carrying it over to the field on live targets with the multitude of other variables that accompany a living animal and hunting situation. I’d be all for regulating technology capabilities in all aspects of hunting, rifle and archery. We will eventually have to do so or face less opportunity to hunt.
Open sights for mule deer and elk in montana the last 2 weeks would be so cool

View attachment 341022

View attachment 341024

You should quit whatever you do for a living and go make money as a professional archer if you’re doing that completely cold and without practice for two weeks

You should quit whatever you do for a living and go make money as a professional archer if you’re doing that completely cold and without practice for two weeks
It’s nothing new, lots of guys on here are doing the same thing at the range with a dial sight, just like rifle guys picking up a new long range set-up rifle and shooting 800 yards. A long shot is the same as a short shot if your form and anchor are consistent. @The Hedgehog was doing it 20 years ago at 140 yards and is still doing it with broadheads at 100 yards today. I remember hearing about a guy killing a bull at 120 yards in the early 2000’s, as unethical as that is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back