This has been bothering me for a while.

first world problem​

noun

variants or first-world problem or less commonly First World problem or First-World problem
: a usually minor or trivial problem or annoyance experienced by people in relatively affluent or privileged circumstances especially as contrasted with problems of greater social significance facing people in poor and underdeveloped parts of the world.

“Chomping” at the bit. Have you been around horses?? They champ at bits. I’ve yet to witness one “chomp” at their bit.

The absolute WORST:

“There’s two bulls on the second ridge.”

“Where at?”

You don’t end a sentence with a preposition. Some examples don’t sound too bad. Ex. “You don’t know what you’re talking about” is technically wrong, but it seems less awkward than “You don’t know about what you’re talking.”

But “Where at?” No. Just no. Say it with me: “Where?”, “Where is it?”, “Where are they?”

There is a strong second reason I quit watching hunting videos: not hearing the influencers talking with one another while glassing. “At at at at at at at at” Damn…just shoot something and be done with it!
Look up: Phil Hanley. He is a hilarious comedian, but he sure likes to end sentences with prepositions.

He is dislexic and plays it well with his stand up acts.

PBS/
The pronghorn is a unique North American mammal. Its Latin name, Antilocapra americana, means "American goat-antelope," but it is not a member of the goat or the antelope family and it is not related to the antelopes found in Africa. The pronghorn is the only surviving member of the Antilocapridae family and it has been in North America for over a million years!

Pronghorn
1723424089227.png
Speed goat
cute-goat-gif-of-a-slide-across-the-ice-on-his-hooves.gif
Goat
images.jpeg

The number one thing I dislike in today's hunting lingo: "Creedmoor".
Thank you for the proper spelling.

Outside of improper use of it, its, it’s, your, you’re, to, too, two, there, their, and they’re, nothing bothers me more than folks calling it a “Creedmore.”

Nothing wrong with a Creedmoor. I had Kirby Allen build one for my granddaughter; low recoil, flat trajectory, and lots of bullets; we chose the HHT Hammers.

Sometimes it's funny though. Had a buddy I think was a bit dyslexic.

He referred to whitetails with perfect racks as having good "generics" rather than genetics, and WalMart as WaldMark.

So whenever we hear a politician say something totally insane, not exactly a Black Swan event, we say well, he probably just has bad generics.
Reminds me of my foster son Teddy’s silly little linguistic mistakes. He was raised in a decrepit dingy trailer with his parents before dying and disappearing hit the timeline and they didn’t have a fondness for education.

We were playing some hoop, and he came up lame. He grabbed the back of his thigh and yelled, “Shiz, I think I popped my hamspring!” I burst out laughing and he looked at me with a lifted brow.

He proceeded to make his case, and conceded quickly. I did catch him slip a few times. I always use it as a chance to rib him if he’s having any health issues.

My other favorite of his the ol’ “sugar diabetes!” Sadly it killed his Dad, but it still makes me chuckle. Does that make me an ass 🕳️?

Sometimes it's funny though. Had a buddy I think was a bit dyslexic.

He referred to whitetails with perfect racks as having good "generics" rather than genetics, and WalMart as WaldMark.

So whenever we hear a politician say something totally insane, not exactly a Black Swan event, we say well, he probably just has bad generics.
My hunting buddy mixes a lot of stuff up. He always uses “T1, T2”,…vs G1, G2 when describing a deer or elk antler.

At the range he always refers to the gong as a “dong”.

I get a kick out of it now. He always says it with such confidence no matter how many times I’ve corrected him.

Last edited:
The other one I hear a lot and have been guilty of myself..

Wrong:
“For all intensive purposes”

Correct:
“For all intents and purposes”

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BradenBowhunter148
Back