Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Taxidermy Part II

Big Sky

Earlier I posted that I had a taxidermist demonstrating for my students. Well here's how things turned out with my daughter's first buck. My friend did most of the taxidermy and I did most of the habitat. I think it turned out pretty good for a couple old blind guys.
The most important thing is my daughter loves it.

DanielleBuck1_zps28de146e.jpg

Habitat close up.
DanielleBuck2_zps25c66884.jpg

One last pic at a different angle.
DanielleBuck3_zps719e0f2e.jpg

Thanks guys. I might add that my taxidermist friend specializes in bird taxidermy and rarely does big game. However if I'm real nice, offer to help,...and twist his arm really hard, I can talk him into a big game mount now and then. It's also the first time I ever did any habitat work on a mount. I had so much fun I think I may add some habitat to a couple other mounts I have.

Thanks guys. I might add that my taxidermist friend specializes in bird taxidermy and rarely does big game. However if I'm real nice, offer to help,...and twist his arm really hard, I can talk him into a big game mount now and then. It's also the first time I ever did any habitat work on a mount. I had so much fun I think I may add some habitat to a couple other mounts I have.

It looks work, I think I would have fun doing the habitat work also.

Very nice looking mount, I think it's nice to have some pedestal mounts or pedestal wall mounts, instead of all traditional shoulder mounts. The habitat adds a nice touch.

Fishing4sanity, I agree with you I think a pedestal or wall pedestal or two are great. I've got a friend on this site that posts regularly that isn't that crazy about them. I could never figure out why as I think they are unique and pretty darn cool.

Thanks everyone. Just for fun here is some close ups of the finish work. It's the little things like this that I think really set apart good taxidermy from the not so good stuff.

Nose
Brent6_zps2cac4b3c.jpg

Lip line
Brent7_zps0a79cdba.jpg

Eye
Brent8_zps6c2a84a3.jpg

First of all, I notice a very major and obvious flaw in the mount. It isn't mine. :) Very nicely done. You guys can be proud of that work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back