PEAX Equipment

Strange legal question about turkey hunting …

So my 15 yr old son just caught a turkey with his bare hands …. I’m not kidding. He put it in the chicken coop. I have a fall turkey license (have had zero luck) …. But I’m guessing there has to be something illegal about my son catching it with his bare hands. So looking to verify if I need to let it go or not. I never in a million years thought I would be asking something so bizarre.
It's not a "wild" turkey if he caught it with his bare hands and doesn't need a blood transfusion. Keep it in the chicken coop, name it, fatten it up and serve it for Christmas dinner. Anyone that disagrees with me partied with Epstein, who didn't kill himself.

It's not a "wild" turkey if he caught it with his bare hands and doesn't need a blood transfusion. Keep it in the chicken coop, name it, fatten it up and serve it for Christmas dinner. Anyone that disagrees with me partied with Epstein, who didn't kill himself.
Idk a rio with decent spurs will kill you, I’ve ran in to some pretty dumb merriams in Montana though.

Let’s be fair- I don’t think any adult in their sound mind would think to grab a wild turkey. Especially wearing boxer shorts and crocks. It’s hard to conceive. Especially in the fall. My son has adhd and doesn’t think through what he is doing.
I mean…..
I’d do it… here’s me with a rabbit I shot with my bow right off my road under a streetlight..
I was half buzzed at midnight and there were rabbits running around..!?
Definitely get the kid to come with you 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 68188924877__960E6369-8075-4D0C-8504-08BE399CC38D.jpeg
    68188924877__960E6369-8075-4D0C-8504-08BE399CC38D.jpeg
    858.7 KB · Views: 9
Let’s be fair- I don’t think any adult in their sound mind would think to grab a wild turkey. Especially wearing boxer shorts and crocks. It’s hard to conceive. Especially in the fall. My son has adhd and doesn’t think through what he is doing.
You don't need to defend yourself or your son. Take the good advise and dump the rest of this thread.
We raised three wild haired boys and it's an adventure sometimes.

My wife actually tried to catch one near the college “M” one year to bring to my jobsite so i could shoot it when she let it out 🤣🤣🤣🤣 spent a bunch of time in the woods and can’t find em. She’s off the highway getting scratched to hell so she can bring me one 🤣🤣🤣

My wife actually tried to catch one near the college “M” one year to bring to my jobsite so i could shoot it when she let it out 🤣🤣🤣🤣 spent a bunch of time in the woods and can’t find em. She’s off the highway getting scratched to hell so she can bring me one 🤣🤣🤣
Dang dude, sounds like you found a keeper!

So my 15 yr old son just caught a turkey with his bare hands …. I’m not kidding. He put it in the chicken coop. I have a fall turkey license (have had zero luck) …. But I’m guessing there has to be something illegal about my son catching it with his bare hands. So looking to verify if I need to let it go or not. I never in a million years thought I would be asking something so bizarre.
It's considered unlawful take because it wasn't used with a rifle, shotgun or bow and unlawful possession. Possession can land 2 years suspended privileges.

It's considered unlawful take because it wasn't used with a rifle, shotgun or bow and unlawful possession. Possession can land 2 years suspended privileges.
Assuming it’s wild and not domestic, and good luck proving it’s not domestic after a 16 year old caught it bare handed.

Assuming it’s wild and not domestic, and good luck proving it’s not domestic after a 16 year old caught it bare handed.
Most of our "wild turkeys" are mutts anyways. Wouldn't bat an eye at it if it were my kid. But if some hard-nosed new guy caught wind he'd make case law out if it.

I don’t ask for a lot, but I ask for this thread to stay open for at least 4 days. This is awesome.

call it domestic and sell it. I know someone that will buy and pay for shipping

Back