Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Strange legal question about turkey hunting …

Let’s be fair- I don’t think any adult in their sound mind would think to grab a wild turkey. Especially wearing boxer shorts and crocks. It’s hard to conceive. Especially in the fall. My son has adhd and doesn’t think through what he is doing.

Let’s be fair- I don’t think any adult in their sound mind would think to grab a wild turkey. Especially wearing boxer shorts and crocks. It’s hard to conceive. Especially in the fall. My son has adhd and doesn’t think through what he is doing.
Back on topic, did he catch it in the wild? Or was it on your property? It could be a domesticated turkey, I have a few neighbors that have them. Fun to hear in the spring.

When in doubt, and maybe an unpopular opinion, it may be ethically best to get the warden on the phone and ask for some advice. They may know of a nearby turkey farm, or they may take it from you. But it’s good karma and that may help your odds if you’re into that stuff.

Congrats on the thanksgiving day story though, it’ll be fun to tell next month. Even more fun if that’s the turkey on the table.

Back on topic, did he catch it in the wild? Or was it on your property? It could be a domesticated turkey, I have a few neighbors that have them. Fun to hear in the spring.

When in doubt, and maybe an unpopular opinion, it may be ethically best to get the warden on the phone and ask for some advice. They may know of a nearby turkey farm, or they may take it from you. But it’s good karma and that may help your odds if you’re into that stuff.

Congrats on the thanksgiving day story though, it’ll be fun to tell next month. Even more fun if that’s the turkey on the table.
Our property/yard is the wild. We have a bunch of turkeys that roost in our back woods. (We have 15 acres and all neighbors have at least 10 acres)
I am not aware of any of my neighbors have turkeys. I know several of us raise chickens. How far would a domesticated turkey wander? All nearby neighbors do not have them.

I think I may call the warden and ask. I’m thinking let it out and shoot it unless for some strange reason it belongs to a neighbor. I am assuming if I shoot it, it would fill my fall tag and it’s kind of a bummer not to be able to actually hunt it myself if I did that. Or I quick have my son get his license so he can claim it. (But he really wanted it as a pet with the chickens which is not possible, so I am unsure if he would have it in him to shoot it).

Our property/yard is the wild. We have a bunch of turkeys that roost in our back woods. (We have 15 acres and all neighbors have at least 10 acres)
I am not aware of any of my neighbors have turkeys. I know several of us raise chickens. How far would a domesticated turkey wander? All nearby neighbors do not have them.

I think I may call the warden and ask. I’m thinking let it out and shoot it unless for some strange reason it belongs to a neighbor. I am assuming if I shoot it, it would fill my fall tag and it’s kind of a bummer not to be able to actually hunt it myself if I did that. Or I quick have my son get his license so he can claim it. (But he really wanted it as a pet with the chickens which is not possible, so I am unsure if he would have it in him to shoot it).
Have your son use a 300 rum (great turkey caliber) to provide a future frozen thanksgiving delight.

Have your son use a 300 rum (great turkey caliber) to provide a future frozen thanksgiving delight.
😅
Last time we did meat chickens my teenage daughter turned vegan for 5 years. (Our current chickens are just for eggs, and they get buried when they die because the kids) I’m going to have a discussion with him to see if he would be able to hunt/shoot it and not turn vegan on me.
His choices are shoot it, let me shoot it, or let it free. We certainly cannot keep it as a pet. 😝

😅
Last time we did meat chickens my teenage daughter turned vegan for 5 years. (Our current chickens are just for eggs, and they get buried when they die because the kids) I’m going to have a discussion with him to see if he would be able to hunt/shoot it and not turn vegan on me.
His choices are shoot it, let me shoot it, or let it free. We certainly cannot keep it as a pet. 😝
I think we know where this dillema goes.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member