Kenetrek Boots

Ryan Busse for Governor?

He committed political suicide with his book. In MT that thing is a no-go for most people. Busse is toast and it won't even be close.
Sad because Democrats had an opportunity to present a reasonable candidate to counter Gianforte...

Democrats own fault. I'm no fan of Gianforte for his actions specific to our Montana hunting slide into the abyss.
Had it been a Schweitzer type Montana heritage/farmer, he'd have my vote over Gianforte.

At one time this Red State held Blue Governors. There was a reason for that though Busse? Democrats have 100% lost touch with Montana.

If only more Montanans would pick it up and read it.
I bought it and regretted the fact I gave him my $. I was at the same venue he used to smear Montana Flathead County Americans all for excerpts to promote his book outside Montana.

Exaggerations out his arse to speak mildly of his falsehoods.

Though hey, glad you liked his book. I'm sure there's no association you are/were affiliated with him... 😉

Exaggerations out his arse to speak mildly of his falsehoods.
I'd appreciate some examples here, because it sounds like we read different books. I didn't read it with any preconceived notions and opinions however, which might have changed what I took away from it. I would encourage everyone to read his book and form their own opinions after reading it, not before. You might be surprised.
I'm sure there's no association you're affiliated with him... 😉
He left the national BHA board before I joined the state BHA board and although I think he's still a member, he has no leadership position. So actually, yes. But I have met him a few times since.

I wish I had more time to debate, but I have a big trial next week and I've given all the time I have to this today.

I'd appreciate some examples here, because it sounds like we read different books
Post in thread 'Ryan Busse. Anyone?' https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/ryan-busse-anyone.311784/post-3348243

Quick summary in that thread as this was discussed in detail when his book hit the market.

The simple fact this guy is a lead person with Gifford's Anti law abiding Americans 2A gun owners, who believe BB guns should be regulated is beyond Montana...

Hey, no doubt I bet he'll gain some votes though do you really think he was a good pick to counter Gianforte? We're talking another four years of FWP appointments, etc...

If so - I'll place a $250 Scheels g/c to you that says he will not be MT Governor and we are stuck with Gianforte another four years of you'll match the same if Busse surprises me. Deal?

There has to be better candidates than the Senior Advisor of Gifford's Anti Gun rhetoric to give us Independent and moderate R's a voting chance against Gianforte!

Even you have to see the optics of this...

Last edited:
If so - I'll place a $250 Scheels g/c to you that says he will not be MT Governor and we are stuck with Gianforte another four years of you'll match the same if Busse surprises me. Deal?
@Elky Welky ? Faith the D's picked the best D to kick Gianforte to the curb? As an Independent who's voted Blue governors since Martz, I'm certainly voting Gianforte over Busse though that's a given.

Heck, I'll do you one better... I'll gift you a $250 g/c for your intelligence when you proudly identify Busse as the victor who takes MT Governor's throne this election.
If I'm right, that the voters of MT choose Gianforte (Democrats fault), you gift me a whooping $50 g/c.

Scheels.

@Elky Welky ? Faith the D's picked the best D to kick Gianforte to the curb? As an Independent who's voted Blue governors since Martz, I'm certainly voting Gianforte over Busse though that's a given.

Heck, I'll do you one better... I'll gift you a $250 g/c for your intelligence when you proudly identify Busse as the victor who takes MT Governor's throne this election.
If I'm right, that the voters of MT choose Gianforte (Democrats fault), you gift me a whooping $50 g/c.

Scheels.
The bookies are giving 1000-1 odds after that tannerite ad, Charles.

The bookies are giving 1000-1 odds after that tannerite ad, Charles.
Paul, the only possible bile taste for this gift exchange is the thought I'm placing a scheels giftcard for $250 in support of Gianforte. Only reason I'm not popping Tums: The gift is not supportive of Gianforte. Its a declaration that Montana Democrat leadership is out of touch with Montana voters...
I'll open that to another if any other Montana Democrats feel Busse is the best candidate to counter (and succeed) the 2024 Governor role. I'll give a "I bow down to your bright fore-thought the Democrats successfully presented a Democrat able to kick Gianforte to the curb" gif in this thread and gift Elky and another (any other bright HT Montana Democrats want a $250 g/c???) in exchange for a $50 gift to me if it turns out Democrat leadership failed Montana with their selection (Republican wins 2024). Haha! Offer extends to @RyanBusse himself. ;)

Its a declaration that Montana Democrat leadership is out of touch with Montana voters..
I think it is hard to find a democrat that wants a political career to run for that office. You are signing up for an exhaustive process that involves traversing a huge state to talk to people who, at the end of the conversation, may say "I like you but can't vote for you because you're a democrat."
The fact that Montana republicans chose GG over Tim Fox shows in 2020 shows they may be a little out of touch themselves.

The fact that Montana republicans chose GG over Tim Fox shows in 2020 shows they may be a little out of touch themselves
Cooney was a decent option. I voted for him. ;) Optics, buddy... Giffords Senior Advisor as the best choice - in Montana? You like to counter and more power to you though if you can not see the optics of such, meh...

If a person is the Senior Advisor for a Mining Lobbyist firm, wrote a book opposing the Anti-mining eco-enviros he formerly held supportive position, and running for Montana Governor - Loved to hunt and fish, I seriously doubt you would be soooo - eh, supportive.

What's the actual difference between this and national politics?
This relates to Gianforte whom is quite often blamed for FWP failures whereas national politics is a chit show. How's Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and your state representative managing, Ken? I don't believe I've heard of your Wildlife management on Hunt Talk in quite a while whereas, Montana? When the complaints role in about our FWP - it DIRECTLY boils down to our Governor including people here who gave you a thumbs up. If Randy finds discussions related to governor and wildlife departments that stem into the political obvious factor (appointments, etc) and who's up to bat AND the unfortunate choice given to counter this FWP show in Montana... It's his site.

People on Hunt Talk frequently discuss matters related to State game agencies (as mentioned above), firearms, and public land agendas. Giffords Organization promoting 15 million dollars to endorse candidates to influence Gifford agenda Hint, Busse - Senior Advisor for Giffords running for Montana Governor as the Democrat choice, makes a poor choice for all the vocal people complaining about who may govern our next four years in Montana.

Cooney was a decent option. I voted for him. ;) Optics, buddy... Giffords Senior Advisor as the best choice - in Montana? You like to counter and more power to you though if you can not see the optics of such, meh...
my point isn’t about what the Dems do, rather more about the state of politics in general. We are polarized and keep moving farther apart. I doubt a lot of MT Dems that were previously elected to positions in the past would be elected today. Who is going to want to run as a Dem in a hard red state, not just Montana? It’s almost political suicide. Fox was a solid choice and said all the right things. Montanans went with the guy who body-slammed a reporter because he didn’t like his question. And society has probably gotten more extreme since then.

Many Montanans exercise cognitive dissonance. They love the outdoors, wild lands, clean streams, and clean air, etc. But they also want jobs in mining, O&G, and outfitting without limitations to protect the resources they value.

Fox was a solid choice and said all the right things.
Agree Fox was the best choice, IMO. However, I disagree with the "Red State" comment. We've voted President Red since who knows when... YET we had Schweitzer and Bullock as Blue governors. Polarization makes it more difficult though I'm a prime example... I don't want to vote for Gianforte for the additional FWP appointments to follow. I vote Tester every time and this is a key issue in Montana - Tester, the Democrat leadership give lattitiude to deviate from the national agenda. I give up a bit with Tester on the national level though gain much more on the State level than his prior contenders.
Democrat Leadership need to find another ranch/farm multi generational guy / gal willing to stand the heat of the interrogation light, just as any Republican has to face the heat of the opposition interrogation light. There's no difference between the two though Democrat Leadership threw us a person who's a hot potato!

Our FWP appointments and leadership will be the same or worse, possibly more emboldened because voters will likely vote Gianforte in again simply because he's up against, forget hot, a radioactive potato.

This relates to Gianforte whom is quite often blamed for FWP failures whereas national politics is a chit show. How's Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and your state representative managing, Ken? I don't believe I've heard of your Wildlife management on Hunt Talk in quite a while whereas, Montana? When the complaints role in about our FWP - it DIRECTLY boils down to our Governor including people here who gave you a thumbs up. If Randy finds discussions related to governor and wildlife departments that stem into the political obvious factor (appointments, etc) and who's up to bat AND the unfortunate choice given to counter this FWP show in Montana... It's his site.

People on Hunt Talk frequently discuss matters related to State game agencies (as mentioned above), firearms, and public land agendas. Giffords Organization promoting 15 million dollars to endorse candidates to influence Gifford agenda Hint, Busse - Senior Advisor for Giffords running for Montana Governor as the Democrat choice, makes a poor choice for all the vocal people complaining about who may govern our next four years in Montana.
This is what I deserve for using a question mark...; )

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back