Are we ready?

I've been chasing them w camera all summer. Last evening I went where cattle are grazing, found a herd of a dozen cows and calves, started taking photos. They winded me and trotted off. To my surprise, 200 yards behind them and following was a mature bull, paid me no mind.
giphy[1].gif

Last edited:
almost two years on the nose.

first was sep 19th. this one they are potentially wanting to schedule early on the 24th...
Mine are almost two years on the nose too. Best friends and mortal enemies at the same time. It doesn't help that our youngest is taller and has bigger feet than her big sis. December babies so no hunting interference! Cabin fever and St Patty's day make for some good baby making!

Mine are almost two years on the nose too. Best friends and mortal enemies at the same time. It doesn't help that our youngest is taller and has bigger feet than her big sis. December babies so no hunting interference! Cabin fever and St Patty's day make for some good baby making!

i've never gone a year without notching at least one tag, including when my first was born.

i don't intend to start this year 😁

Archery should be interesting this year. My hand me down compound started falling apart at the end of last season. I didn't save the funds for a new compound and have always wanted a trad bow. So I bought a recurve about 8 weeks ago and have been shooting the hell out of it. Grouping tight at 15-20. Don't think i'll ever go back.

Was up and hiked into a promising spot early this AM. Sat and waited for favorable wind and tried to creep into a gulch on a few cows. Didn’t realize one was between me and another and got barked at a bit. They didn’t quite bust out of there though. I let out a few calf calls for chits & giggles. That had one of the cows kinda half-stepping in my direction, but no dice. I ended up kneeling stone still for about 15 minutes and waited for them to wander off. I slunk out of the gulch and will give them some time to ease back into elk-ing before trying again once the weather cools.

Speaking of weather, it started feeling proper warm around 9:30. I skedaddled back home and made it to the farmer’s market with the fam and squeezed in an afternoon squash match. Pretty full, fun day all around.

I’m ready? I think I’m getting there but have as many tags and kids with tags as I’ve ever had to deal with. Statewide archery deer is already going. My tribal rifle elk season starts this Saturday along with tribal rifle pronghorn. November is crazy with 2 tribal rifle buck licenses, 1 state rifle WT buck tag, 1 state WT rifle doe tag. And I drew the statewide muzzleloader buck tag for December. Mix in upland birds and waterfowl. My freezers are going to be stocked.

I’m ready? I think I’m getting there but have as many tags and kids with tags as I’ve ever had to deal with. Statewide archery deer is already going. My tribal rifle elk season starts this Saturday along with tribal rifle pronghorn. November is crazy with 2 tribal rifle buck licenses, 1 state rifle WT buck tag, 1 state WT rifle doe tag. And I drew the statewide muzzleloader buck tag for December. Mix in upland birds and waterfowl. My freezers are going to be stocked.
Dang man. Sounds like a good season to be had! Let those kids get after it. Keep us posted!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back