Kenetrek Boots

Ryan Busse for Governor?

Agree Fox was the best choice, IMO. However, I disagree with the "Red State" comment. We've voted President Red since who knows when... YET we had Schweitzer and Bullock as Blue governors. Polarization makes it more difficult though I'm a prime example... I don't want to vote for Gianforte for the additional FWP appointments to follow. I vote Tester every time and this is a key issue in Montana - Tester, the Democrat leadership give lattitiude to deviate from the national agenda. I give up a bit with Tester on the national level though gain much more on the State level than his prior contenders.
Democrat Leadership need to find another ranch/farm multi generational guy / gal willing to stand the heat of the interrogation light, just as any Republican has to face the heat of the opposition interrogation light. There's no difference between the two though Democrat Leadership threw us a person who's a hot potato!

Our FWP appointments and leadership will be the same or worse, possibly more emboldened because voters will likely vote Gianforte in again simply because he's up against, forget hot, a radioactive potato.
With the money/time it takes to get elected nowadays, the ranch/farm multi-generational guy/gal also needs to be independently wealthy without having to work their land. And those types seem to be the ones on the side of the aisle trying to get their own set-asides, not the ones fighting for the public hunter.

With the money/time it takes to get elected nowadays, the ranch/farm multi-generational guy/gal also needs to be independently wealthy without having to work their land. And those types seem to be the ones on the side of the aisle trying to get their own set-asides, not the ones fighting for the public hunter.
Or the smarter caliber people who know first hand what pig slop is w/o being dragged through it. Agree mostly, though they do exist. Montana voters call the shots. It's based on who is presented for us to vote, right? Both parties present the best they find will assume the Governor role. Who is presented to vote is the "hot" topic.

Democrat Leadership need to find another ranch/farm multi generational guy / gal willing to stand the heat of the interrogation light...
I will put this in caps because it was missed. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO SIGN UP FOR THAT? I'm not sure why the Dems have to have a pure Montana blood on the ticket, while Repubs trot out non-Montanans all the time and win big. Tester loses and it will be the end of an era. I don't think either Schweitzer or Bullock would be elected today. I doubt Ronald Regan could win the primary in Montana these days with the current state of the Republican party.

Well, Dems should give up then. Can't find a representative... What a ridiculous concept. They could have kept Jim Hunt in HOWEVER, the primaries are often to work of trench party voters. They want a massive shock change vs Tester type presentation.

Tester has his hands full because Sheehy is a viable contender IDENTIFIED BY REPUBLICANS. You make it sound as though all hope is lost, give up... Heck, if a Governor, born in California can assume Governor - Democrats may need to look at wealthy Montana residents born elsewhere!

This woe is me crap is simply making excuses in advance.

Well, Dems should give up then. Can't find a representative... What a ridiculous concept. They could have kept Jim Hunt in HOWEVER, the primaries are often to work of trench party voters. They want a massive shock change vs Tester type presentation.

Tester has his hands full because Sheehy is a viable contender IDENTIFIED BY REPUBLICANS. You make it sound as though all hope is lost, give up... Heck, if a Governor, born in California can assume Governor - Democrats may need to look at wealthy Montana residents born elsewhere!

This woe is me crap is simply making excuses in advance.
You keep deflecting from my point. Reality is reality. I’m not making stuff up. And the reality in MT and the reality in WA are opposite sides of the same political coin.

So it sounds like you are going to run for office as a democrat?

@Elky Welky ? Faith the D's picked the best D to kick Gianforte to the curb? As an Independent who's voted Blue governors since Martz, I'm certainly voting Gianforte over Busse though that's a given.

Heck, I'll do you one better... I'll gift you a $250 g/c for your intelligence when you proudly identify Busse as the victor who takes MT Governor's throne this election.
If I'm right, that the voters of MT choose Gianforte (Democrats fault), you gift me a whooping $50 g/c.

Scheels.
Just getting back from my jury trial hiatus. But I'm sorry @Sytes, I'm not a betting man.

I don't disagree with anything you've said about Busse's optics. His book hurts him, but the arguments are more nuanced than just stating Busse is anti-gun (he isn't) and therefore bound to lose (never say never). He's doing a great job of beating GG up over raising property taxes and imposing his culture war views on Montanans. But I wouldn't deign to say Busse's the best the dems could do. If I had my pick, I'd rather some old school dem from Butte ran with Shane Morgeau as their running mate.

Thanks for linking the other thread about the event in Kalispell, appreciate it.

The question I keep asking myself (and maybe a very naive one): how many plutocrats from Bozeman are Montanans going to elect to lead them?
The funny thing is the rest of Montana claims to hate Bozeman but then they elect Bozeman Republicans who want to turn the rest of Montana into Bozeman. I’m a third generation Bozemanite and I don’t like any of it.

Last edited:
The funny thing is the rest of Montana claims to hate Bozeman but then they elect Bozeman Republicans who want to turn the rest of Montana into Bozeman. I’m a third generation Bozemanite and I don’t like any of it.
And what would a Democrat from Kansas (as if that matters) want to turn Montana into? Missoula…aka mini Seattle?
No thanks.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back