Project 2025 and Conservation

I don't know why everyone has their panties in a wad. The Republican running for president has denounced Project 2025 many times. He said he doesn't support it and that it was put together by numerous people on the "extreme" Right. So what's the deal here? Spread misinformation? Keep on frothing at the mouth I guess. Don't try pin it on someone that is against it.
His name is listed in the document like 350 times, particularly because a large number of the people who contributed to its contents had his last admin cited on their resume. He didn’t “denounce” it. He said he didn’t know anything about it. This I believe, because there is a lot he doesn’t know anything about. All I ask is people not to stick their heads in the sand, because there is stuff in there you may have to fight.

Quite a few fingernails in this sausage. How is it bipartisan without a Democrat sponsor? Manchin wears a big I these days. And as noted at the end of the article, Congress is adjourning for August so this is DOA for now. However, it illustrates the potential for win-win legislature around energy and conservation.

SCOTUS says federal regulators have to jump out of this functioning airplane and have it be flown by Congressional nonpilots.
giphy[1].gif

Yes, that little flu bug was a small price to pay for this 'huge' reduction in retail gasoline prices;)

Utterly misleading graph, despite the partisan color coding. Demand went way down because of many pandemic factors, including the deaths of one million Americans from COVID.
Look at the years before the pandemic unless you cant interpret a graph covid happened in 2020 that doesn't effect the 3 year prior duh.... the only thing the pandemic effected was during and after so that would be the years the next administration took over don't show your bias or anythingScreenshot_20240724_170736_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Look at the years before the pandemic unless you cant interpret a graph covid happened in 2020 that doesn't effect the 3 year prior duh.... the only thing the pandemic effected was during and after so that would be the years the next administration took over don't show your bias or anythingView attachment 334020
Your point about the COVID period compared to Trump gas prices is correct, I misread the graph because it doesn't include year #s. I was wrong about that.

Is it biased to note the last 2 Obama years on your graph had lower gas prices than every Trump year except COVID 2020, which you thoughtfully dicredited him for, above? Does your girlfriend still wear that hat to the rallies?

Your point about the COVID period compared to Trump gas prices is correct, I misread the graph because it doesn't include year #s. I was wrong about that.

Is it biased to note the last 2 Obama years on your graph had lower gas prices than every Trump year except COVID 2020, which you thoughtfully dicredited him for, above? Does your girlfriend still wear that hat to the rallies?
Haha admit your a fool and then try and attack someone typical lol......SHEEP

I am firmly in the pessimistic/realistic camp on this topic of hunting and wildlife conservation/public lands.

Hunting/wildlife conservation is the titanic, and we’ve already hit the iceberg. We’re sinking!

Current wildlife conservation is just slowing down the bleeding. I appreciate and support all the conservation that is being done, but realize it’s not gaining us ground.

The problem can be summed up with one fact.
There are too many humans on this earth!

The only way the pendulum swings in global wildlife’s favor in the long term would be a catastrophic global plague that wiped out 90% of the human race. Short of that, I don’t see anything being better in the future than it is today.

Chase
yeah in oregon that's a huge problem for deer

it's something made up by some far right weirdo that everyone thinks trump is going to use to deport every brown person and kill all trans people lol
Are these the weirdos you are referring to? Not judging.
1721868891128.png
Paul Dans is a Republican political operative and a former member of the Donald Trump Administration. He is currently leading Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation's 2025 Presidential Transition Project intended to reshape the U.S. federal government to reflect right-wing policies.[1][2]

From 2020-2021, Chretien was a Special Assistant to President Donald J. Trump and Associate Director of Presidential Personnel, helping to identify, recruit, and place hundreds of political appointees at all levels of government. Before his role at the White House, Chretien served as a political appointee at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

He [Hemenway]previously served in the Trump White House as Associate Director for National Security in the Office of Presidential Personnel, where his portfolio included the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, and the Intelligence Community. Hemenway was a Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering in the Pentagon and a member of the Senior Executive Service, serving previously as a Defense Fellow and a Special Assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. He was a member of the Presidential Transition Team and the Trump Campaign policy team.

Are these the weirdos you are referring to? Not judging.
View attachment 334022
Paul Dans is a Republican political operative and a former member of the Donald Trump Administration. He is currently leading Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation's 2025 Presidential Transition Project intended to reshape the U.S. federal government to reflect right-wing policies.[1][2]

From 2020-2021, Chretien was a Special Assistant to President Donald J. Trump and Associate Director of Presidential Personnel, helping to identify, recruit, and place hundreds of political appointees at all levels of government. Before his role at the White House, Chretien served as a political appointee at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

He [Hemenway]previously served in the Trump White House as Associate Director for National Security in the Office of Presidential Personnel, where his portfolio included the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Energy, and the Intelligence Community. Hemenway was a Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering in the Pentagon and a member of the Senior Executive Service, serving previously as a Defense Fellow and a Special Assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. He was a member of the Presidential Transition Team and the Trump Campaign policy team.
i guess so. i never actually knew who they were i just knew trump disapproved of project 2025 and had something else in mind

The problem can be summed up with one fact.
There are too many humans on this earth!

The only way the pendulum swings in global wildlife’s favor in the long term would be a catastrophic global plague that wiped out 90% of the human race. Short of that, I don’t see anything being better in the future than it is today.

Chase
Not saying you are saying this, but, I reject the “humans are a virus on Gaia mother earth” narrative some seem enamored with.

i guess so. i never actually knew who they were i just knew trump disapproved of project 2025 and had something else in mind
I don’t buy that Trump has anything in mind except winning. He will do/say whatever that requires. For now that is served by criticizing P2025.

Not saying you are saying this, but, I reject the “humans are a virus on Gaia mother earth” narrative some seem enamored with.
Agreed. I think that comes from observing loss of wild places--I can sure relate to that, that's painful to watch.

But the way I see it, there are places in the developed world with far more human density that have still managed to protect and preserve wild lands for public use. We ought to be able to do the same with enough will and effort.

Agreed. I think that comes from observing loss of wild places--I can sure relate to that, that's painful to watch.

But the way I see it, there are places in the developed world with far more human density that have still managed to protect and preserve wild lands for public use. We ought to be able to do the same with enough will and effort.
It seems like it falls in two camps - the “quasi-spiritual tree hugger thing” and in the hyper-selfish “I want what I want and if I don’t get what I want everyone person on the planet is to blame” crowd.

FWIW--as most know, Wiki is not perfect, but for VERY popular and hot items corrections are made more often if folks can document references or otherwise show something is wrong.

It says the following about project 2025:

1721871091765.png

1721871188021.png

1721871225292.png

What Trump supporters need to ask themselves and consider is the flip side of this--say Trump wins and they are successful in implementing or at least starting to implement much of the provisions of Project 2025--what would you say if the next administration is a very far left one? Do you want such an administration to have all this power?

Our nation was formed with a system of checks and balances that work for you when people who's ideals you don't agree with are in control.

Project 2025 obliterates that all important intent of our nations founders!

Last edited:
It seems like it falls in two camps - the “quasi-spiritual tree hugger thing” and in the hyper-selfish “I want what I want and if I don’t get what I want everyone person on the planet is to blame” crowd.
I would say two views of non-existent camps. The majority are more in the middle than the extremes you noted.

FWIW--as most know, Wiki is not perfect, but for VERY popular and hot items corrections are made more often if folks can document references or otherwise show something is wrong.

It says the following about project 2025:

View attachment 334027

View attachment 334029

View attachment 334030
I tend to think those that ask are not really interested in knowing anything about it. It is easier to pretend we read or hear things different than to hold politicians accountable.

I was surprised to see Steve Daines Assistant on page 1 of the 7 pages of Contributors (or 7 pages of Far Right Weirdos). I know Daines gets a lot of credit in MT for "fully funding" LWCF and even publicly pushed back against the Executive action I previously cited. I hope Anderson may have contributed to another section than the one on ability of LWCF to acquire public lands.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 6.39.15 PM.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back