Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Podcast - Utah Wants Your Public Lands

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
In this podcast I have David Willms of the National Wildlife Federation (and the Your Mountain Podcast) to talk about Utah's effort to lay claim to 18.5 millions acres of BLM lands. A lot of this has been discussed on the threads here on Hunt Talk. This podcast goes into a deep dive of the effort, other efforts to divest public lands, a history of this continued effort, and efforts we can expect in the future.

Link below to listen/download. Or, get wherever you get your podcast apps.

Link here - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...our-public-lands/id1012713381?i=1000672049357

Just listened. I wish I could say it made me optimistic, but I can't find much other than the willingness to keep fighting this crazy stuff. I know there was a call to try to change the mind of the politicians and I am in full support for contacting those representatives and letting them know how you feel. Unfortunately, in this case, Utah went straight to the top.This isn't proposed federal legislation to dispose of lands, so I suspect your congressperson will say there is not much they can do.

And has been pointed out in other threads, it isn't just Utah. I would at least look for amicus briefs from other states like ID, WY, MT.
Below is from the Washington State Republic Party Platform 2024. I would like to say that the Republican party's inability to read the room is laughable, but it worked on another issue so it looks more like standard operating procedure.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 11.30.10 AM.png

I’m from Utah! And it really frustrates me to no end that our state is at the forefront of this issue! I’m not sure what a person can do to iron out the problem here! We are a republican state and it seems like all of our voting people favor this lawsuit of sorts and I don’t understand why! I’m ready to fight for our public lands! I’m not sure where to go and fight! I am just a simple construction worker but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to open the eyes of everyone in this state I just don’t know how or the money to do so! Does anyone have any ideas on what the heck a guy can do to get the message out????

I’m from Utah! And it really frustrates me to no end that our state is at the forefront of this issue! I’m not sure what a person can do to iron out the problem here! We are a republican state and it seems like all of our voting people favor this lawsuit of sorts and I don’t understand why! I’m ready to fight for our public lands! I’m not sure where to go and fight! I am just a simple construction worker but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to open the eyes of everyone in this state I just don’t know how or the money to do so! Does anyone have any ideas on what the heck a guy can do to get the message out????
It’s probably all of the billboards and other deceptive advertising the state is doing (with your tax dollars!) to make people believe that state control will lead to better protection of public lands. Most non-hunters I talk to don’t understand the issue and simply believe what they are hearing from the very loud and dishonest proponents.

Back