Poaching, Partnerships, and Profits

mf's just trying to make a living like the rest of us.
it just comes off as kinda gross that a bigger celebrity would call his sponsors and get him cancelled because he walked the trigger on a bear with a cartridge deemed too small by some.
Remember when randy let off like several times in row at that mountain goat and later admitted to not practicing enough steep angle, uphill shooting?
What if I deemed that an unacceptable practice?
You’re welcome to voice your opinion. I think the main difference is that muley freak has time and time again proven to be unethical. he lied to everyone’s faces saying the bear was dead after the second shot when the video he released proved otherwise. He is what is wrong with the hunting community, and posting things like that video is ammunition for anti hunting. Comparing him to noodleberg is laughable. I’m no fanboy of Randy, but you cannot deny that he is one of the most outspoken outdoorsman for conservation we have. Muley freak does nothing of that sort and seems to be in it just to support his brand.

Even though I don't have anything to do with this Erik guy, or that I wouldn't know Muley Freak if he sat down at my kitchen table, and I haven't seen the video in question, some opine that this is my problem to sort out. None of those commenters know what I do or say and what interaction I have with partners when these events come up.

To the critiques from the uninformed about my level of action or apathy on issues, you're uninformed, to the point of ignorance. I've weighed in on many other instances with other partners we work with. Often, they call me seeking opinion. I just don't make a scene about it on Hunt Talk or social media.

I know of a few instances when those conversations influenced some decisions companies have made with large and long-term relationships. I've also weighed in with TV networks and other media platforms, usually publicly, on similar stuff, with each instance my comments were conspicuous against the silence from those whose livelihood is tied to networks.

I accept that a few vocal folks want all things to be a public pissing contest. As if that accomplishes anything. It doesn't. If anything, it dilutes influence and effectiveness. By being professional, discrete, balanced, and deliberate one has more impact than the guy who complains using social media to blast everyone about every little thing.

Carry on.
I think BF just said ,"Here's a dime...." As his G'ma used to say.

There is a lot in this post if you are actually paying attention. There is a time for grass roots hell raising and a time for closing the door and talking like adults between the actual players.

Randy's power is in his platform, yes. But the real bargaining chip is the client base he can bring to a business partner. So his influence is not in bitching in social media, but in making a phone call to a marketing director.

Often the grass roots hell raising is not the actual agent of change, but a tool a negotiator can use when he goes into that room to quietly discuss policy or business.

So rant about the industry, it is good for the world to know that there are hunters who think about these things. Then put down the pitchforks and spend some time thinking about how change actually happens.

Randy quotes his Grandma saying, "Here's a dime." My uncles used to say that. My sainted W. Virginia Old Brethren Grandma used to say, " A kind word turns away wrath." Straight out of the old KJV. What do you think is more effective, kicking up a bunch of crap or writing the marketing director of a company and explaining your convictions one on one?
Be prepared to receive a response from them explaining why they have their policy. This is how adults work toward change.

Now imagine that same letter from someone who has 100,000 or more branded consumers in their arsenal.

It is my understanding, most of those charges were dismissed.
Welcome to HT, Erik.

Something like 98.5% of prosecutions result in some charges being dismissed as part of a plea agreement. A charge being dismissed rarely means the crime did not occur.

“Most of those charges were dismissed” is about as informative as “Most of your brain cells are inactive.”

Yah...I know quite a few members here personally and none of them are making a living in any way shape or form like MF or any other influencer for that matter.
Couple buddies and I use to joke about making a YouTube channel called behind the signs. We would wear masks like no face girl (iykyk) and strictly hunt private without permission. He appears to have only caught the back half of the conversation

Welcome to HT, Erik.

Something like 98.5% of prosecutions result in some charges being dismissed as part of a plea agreement. A charge being dismissed rarely means the crime did not occur.

“Most of those charges were dismissed” is about as informative as “Most of your brain cells are inactive.”
It sounds like a big misunderstanding to me.
I'm not a lawyer.

he is a hunter, father and a Christian.
And? I have had a game warden show up at my house one time uninvited. He checked tags and asked about a miss communication. Not tickets or warnings where issued. This guy keep having to hire an attorney to keep his hunting privileges. He choose this life and is selling snake oil. I’m held to a higher standard due to having a cdl if pulled over and had a couple drinks in out a job. He keeps hopping fences he is gonna find himself without a job pretty soon.

he is a hunter, father and a Christian.
None of those exempt someone from breaking the law.

Nobody should use those for an excuse or cover from their bad behavior either.

If he was a decent one of any of the three, he ought to give that some thought before choosing to make bad decisions.

Guys a tool.

Just screen shot it. Not a member of it. Rock slide. But is that a person u want your kids looking up too. Or anyone else's kidd. Plea deals are happy endings for both sides. Lawyer stuff. Politics. Meaning u did it. Pee pee spank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630_143303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240630_143303_Chrome.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 67
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaxi
Back