Caribou Gear Tarp

Plate ‘em up

Remember the Salisbury tv dinners as a kid? With cherry pie, in front of the wooden cased TV with 5 channels. Possibly one of the peak moments of my life.
Same. Except the TV didn't have a wood case and there was tinfoil on the antenna to get the two channels to come in halfway clear. Actually kind of miss it. mtmuley

Same. Except the TV didn't have a wood case and there was tinfoil on the antenna to get the two channels to come in halfway clear. Actually kind of miss it. mtmuley
Only tin foil, or was it wrapped around a coat hanger? We could pull five stations with that gem.

cooked up some pieces of wild turkey tenders (left over from trimming a few tenders for making "turk-fil-a" for an event this evening)
seasoned the meat with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder
seared the onions and jalapenos in a bit of olive oil, removed, then cooked the tender pieces
mixed up a sauce from mayonnaise and (the ever elusive it seems) sriracha sauce

IMG_7447.jpeg

seared a fresh (store bought) bun in the pan after gouging a "boat" in one side
spread sauce on both sides, added the meat to the boat side, piled pickles, jalapenos and onions on the other side
closed up and cut

IMG_7448.jpeg

dipped up extra sauce as I ate - it was good eats

IMG_7451.jpeg

Last edited:
Lazy. Tired. Packaged meal it is. Rana Italian sausage and onion ravs with a mushroom cheese sauce. A pan can serve as a plate, right?

View attachment 343380
Fantastic!!! Lol. I had a roommate in college that would eat outta the pan every time he cooked. He would say, “take ya want cuz I’m gonna eat the rest!” Good times.

found a hunk of elk loin on the freezer and drug it down to camp,,, sliced into steaks and seasoned with pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder

sauteed onions and jalapenos in a bit of olive oil and butter,,, removed, then added steaks with some thyme stalks,,,

IMG_7452.jpeg

ate it with some cucumber

IMG_7453.jpeg

when that was done, I sliced the remaining steaks and prepped breakfast - steak sandwich with onions and jalapenos,,, bread seared in the pan with butter,,, then slopped some mayonnaise on

IMG_7454.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullkillintime
Back