Plate ‘em up

Ok, has the corned venison recipe been posted? That stuff looks delicious. I have one big elk roast set aside for that or pastrami. It’s the last piece of elk in the freezer and I’m having a real hard time talking myself into experimenting with it.
I pretty much followed Hank Shaw’s recipe. 2-1/2# roast brined for 7 days then rinsed in cold water and simmered for 3-1/2 hrs to 190’ internal temp. I added more pickling during the simmer which his recipe didn’t indicate but numerous corned beef recipes do.

I used a packaged pickling spice instead of the individual spices listed in his recipe.

I’ve also done his pastrami recipe, but would cut back on the coriander in the dry rub if I did it again. What I’ll probably do next time is use the corned venison brine recipe, and just do a cracked pepper dry rub and then smoke it. So something between corned and pastrami.

Venison ribs. As always, pressure cooked it first to melt away much of the talo. But instead of the grill we placed it in the oven after putting a rub on it. Set oven to 375. 30 minutes later added barbecue sauce and cranked oven to 475. Let it carmalize. Came out fantastic. It was sweating what fat was left on it after pressure cooking. Highly recommended.

20240901_184705.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back