Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Hornady Gadgets

KingOfTagSoup

It appears Hornady has launched their new products for 2025. Now, I will preface by saying I like Hornady in general and have had great results with several of their loads. However, they have for 2025 launched a "backcountry defense" handgun load that is designed to penetrate and not expand....almost exactly like a lead solid....or an FMJ🤔. But the funny part of the ad is where they say "the problem with lead solids is the huge cloud of lead dust that prevents you from being able see for a follow up shot, this new bullet has a jacket to prevent that." C'mon guy 😂 Anyway, I like the company but sometimes the marketing is quite amusing

I have shot thousands of lead rounds through my handguns. Can't say I've ever noticed lead dust impairing my vision. Probably because I shoot with my eyes closed😆

A buddy sent me this page for .338 ARC round.

I thought it was a joke at first. I think the bullet is longer than the case!

338 arc would be a great choice if you had a supressor and didnt hunt in a western state or open country. Its 300 blackout improved. Useless to me but not everyone.

Theres been SOME smoke firing a hard cast lead bullet. And if you shoot glocks or something with polygonal riflling it has benefits. Just what advantage that has over a flat point fmj im not understanding.

Back