MT Senator Jon Tester Quietly Taking Money from Anti-gun [Brady] PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true at all. H.J Res 44 would have nullified the rule created by the ATF. Tester voted against it.

i stand corrected. thank you for sharing.

laughable a sawzall or grinder could make an sbr in literal seconds but we piss around with the brace thing.

maybe ill write him and ask if he would vote the same way if this were to come up again

What do life long residents have to say about tester?
Check my post #2 and I do support Tester. Most lifelong resident friends also support Tester over Sheehy.
Why can't the state Republicans come up with viable Montana candidates? Seems like the preference is for uber-wealthy folks who haven't been in Montana for long enough to even know of long standing Montana values.

Check my post #2 and I do support Tester. Most lifelong resident friends also support Tester over Sheehy.
Why can't the state Republicans come up with viable Montana candidates? Seems like the preference is for uber-wealthy folks who haven't been in Montana for long enough to even know of long standing Montana values.
Maybe your compatriot Montanans aren't enviable of the Colorado governance model...

Most lifelong resident friends also support Tester over Sheehy. Why can't the state Republicans come up with viable Montana candidates?

I think you mean the Democrats you hang out with support Tester, and that's totally fine.

As far as viable goes, I don't personally think Democrats have a viable candidate ... in other words, I won't vote for him.

Montana values is a misnomer as well. It's easy to find that there really hasn't been a consistent party in charge of the legislature in the history of Montana. Just take a look ...

I think you mean the Democrats you hang out with support Tester, and that's totally fine.

As far as viable goes, I don't personally think Democrats have a viable candidate ... in other words, I won't vote for him.

Montana values is a misnomer as well. It's easy to find that there really hasn't been a consistent party in charge of the legislature in the history of Montana. Just take a look ...

My guess is he hangs more with Montana resident sportsmen than wealthy carpetbaggers pretending to be ranchers.

Bullshitt! I hang with Montanans of various political positions and stripes, but many who are veterans. You clearly do not get Montana values. I am not referring to consistent party following or dominance in the Legislature or the Governor's office. I am referring to honesty, integrity, rhetoric speaking factual information, support of public lands and public land access, the honorable legacy of hunting, outfitting, trapping, respect for one another regardless of political affiliation, and a multitude of other long held values, some expressed often in the Code of the West.
If you think that those timeless Montana values are a "misnomer" ... you and I clearly see the world very differently.
Vote as you wish, but do exercise your valued right to vote ... as a citizen who has won the lottery of life in being able to freely live in Montana! (assuming that is so from the handle "jim406").

My guess is he hangs more with Montana resident sportsmen than wealthy carpetbaggers pretending to be ranchers.
My guess is that most fair people think that Sheehy as a ex-Seal with a medical discharge should be allowed to live wherever he wants. https://www.usni.org/people/tim-sheehy

"Mr. Sheehy is a 2008 U.S. Naval Academy graduate and a former Navy SEAL officer. He was discharged after being wounded in combat in Afghanistan."

Yeah, just a horrible person ...

There's much convoluted, disconnected discourse being tossed out in this one. 'Seems an attempt to toss apples, oranges and watermelons all in the same basket!

There's much convoluted, disconnected discourse being tossed out in this one. 'Seems an attempt to toss apples, oranges and watermelons all in the same basket!

Agreed.

There is no public sale proposal in the Senate or House. However, there is this one. https://www.trcp.org/2024/02/22/new-bipartisan-legislation-would-keep-public-lands-in-public-hands/

This bipartisan legislation, introduced by Representatives Ryan Zinke (R-Mont.) and Gabe Vasquez (D-N.M.) would require congressional approval for the sale and transfer of public lands to non-federal entities in most instances.

This is the reality. Sure, you could think Sheehy would vote against it, but I think that's a big stretch of the truth.

On the other hand, we know Tester's voting record. If you like what he votes for, that's fine, but I don't think it's productive to make up facts about Sheehy to justify it.

Or is that a general statement denying Sheehy's public statements about this issue?
I'm assuming you aren't with the Testor campaign or those who create his ads, so I'm assuming you are just repeating their talking points that you've heard/read.

My point is the ads about this subject aren't true. They are misleading at best. It's like the text from the Montana Independent. It's a completely biased paper. That's fine, but just not true.

The only interview that I've heard with Sheehy's voice is the one where he clearly said he doesn't want the sale of public land, but if it was sold, it should go to the state. You may think that's even too far. That's ok. But, that's not happening either. There is no legislation that has anywhere near enough support to sell the public lands.

However, the fact of the matter as I noted is the legislation introduced that I noted about is the opposite. So, the key campaign issue is a fake one put out by those who support Testor.

If you have another source of Sheehy's statements that isn't from the Testor campaign, do post that. I think everyone would want to see it.

My guess is that most fair people think that Sheehy as a ex-Seal with a medical discharge should be allowed to live wherever he wants. https://www.usni.org/people/tim-sheehy

"Mr. Sheehy is a 2008 U.S. Naval Academy graduate and a former Navy SEAL officer. He was discharged after being wounded in combat in Afghanistan."

Yeah, just a horrible person ...
He certainly has the right, (earned it too) to live wherever he wishes. I didn't know that was what we were discussing. I misunderstood that we were talking about him running for office to represent Montanans. The old Montana I knew would embrace such a guy, but never vote to have him represent us. That would also need to be earned. That use to be over time by learning Montana values.

He certainly has the right, (earned it too) to live wherever he wishes. I didn't know that was what we were discussing. I misunderstood that we were talking about him running for office to represent Montanans. The old Montana I knew would embrace such a guy, but never vote to have him represent us. That would also need to be earned. That use to be over time by learning Montana values.

There are a lot of people moving here that could give a shit less about Montana values. And don't dare be proud of being a generational Montanan. mtmuley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back