NEW SITKA Ambient 75

MT Senator Jon Tester Quietly Taking Money from Anti-gun [Brady] PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a previous thread that contained a link to an interview with Sheehy where he said that he'd prefer status quo. As noted in that thread, the only proposal prevents public land transfer. In other words, it's a fake campaign issue.

Fwiw, they've started debates, so it might be worth reading those transcripts instead of paying attention to ads.
Took him long enough to get coaching on how to answer.

Just illustrating that we have a guy who has already done a ton for public lands in MT vs a guy who had to wait to confer with advisors on how to answer the question.

If that ammo source article is even true (it’s a turd of a sensationalist publication), it’s worth noting that Brady doesn’t give out a ton of money in politics, and has given to politicians from both parties in the past. (Open Secrets). Whole thing sounds like, what’d you call it? A “fake campaign issue.”

Not a lot of enthusiasm for the Democrats in the primary. Going to take a lot of cash to turn things around.

View attachment 329345
Looking at vote totals means nothing when you’re in an open primary that restricts you to voting on only one party all the way down the ballot. I voted on the republican ballot to do my part of ridding Austin Knudsen’s parents from the legislature.

I’m not sure that is necessarily a negative position to take. In many (most?) instances, the state is in a better position to decide what is best for its residents than the federal government is.

Why should land ownership, management and funding be viewed any differently?
I can explain, but first I have to finish writing this proposal for a ALTA survey I am hoping to land, so my client can buy yet again, another piece of land from the state of Arizona at auction.

I can explain, but first I have to finish writing this proposal for a ALTA survey I am hoping to land, so my client can buy yet again, another piece of land from the state of Arizona at auction.

Nice. Good for him (and AZ obviously), no rush👍

Looking at vote totals means nothing when you’re in an open primary that restricts you to voting on only one party all the way down the ballot. I voted on the republican ballot to do my part of ridding Austin Knudsen’s parents from the legislature.
Bet you a steak dinner trump wins by 20 points in November. Tester will have to peal off half that margin to win. That will take some doing. Could happen, but doubtful.

Bet you a steak dinner trump wins by 20 points in November. Tester will have to peal off half that margin to win. That will take some doing. Could happen, but doubtful.
Ha, I’m not gonna take that bet. I know Trumps gonna win MT by 20 points. All I’m saying is you can’t put much weight in primary vote totals in an open primary state.

So was Jesse Ventura....

Seems to be some similarities with Sheehy. Jesse didn't have the mysterious unexplained wealth or suspected big outsider money backing that Sheehy does though.
Hate to break it to you but Tester and Sheehy are going to receive mountains of “big outsider money” from mega PACs. With Tester likely receiving more as the race will decide whether Dems retain control of the Senate.

I have donated money to Tester in the past, did again this year.

Only thing I'm expecting him to do is to keep his position on public lands unchanged. The money I sent doesn't ensure that, but I did mention that's why I'm supporting him.
And if he didn't keep his position on public lands you wouldn't donate to him. That's how it works.

I would take that bet. He won the state by ~16% in 2020. His conduct since then has not won him many new voters. A kicker is if Kennedy somehow finds himself on the ballot. He would drain votes, likely from both. But a good share of covid anti-vaxers have a crush on RFK.

Hate to break it to you but Tester and Sheehy are going to receive mountains of “big outsider money” from mega PACs. With Tester likely receiving more as the race will decide whether Dems retain control of the Senate.
I was really suggesting that his great wealth comes from no known source, and that backers with an agenda they want him to lead did a lot more than send him money for a campaign.

There are questions about chinese backing too. Invested in chinese companies linked to the chinese communist party, including some the the US has identified as threats to national security.

Tester's more of a career politician, but that's not necessarily a bad thing on it's own. Not a lot to hide.

Sheehy's background raises a lot of questions and eyebrows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vermonthoosier547
Back