MT Senator Jon Tester Quietly Taking Money from Anti-gun [Brady] PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is what Montana residents desire (or must do financially), then so what?

Since the state of Montana does not own the land, it is not up to Montanans to sell them, even if we want to. They belong to every American.

From time to time this gets pointed out by non resident hunters who feel that since they too own the forest service land, they should get more big game licenses.

Since the state of Montana does not own the land, it is not up to Montanans to sell them, even if we want to. They belong to every American.

Yea but we are discussing a scenario in which it gets transferred to the state, are we not?

I’m not sure I see a downside here. But then again, I’m a big states rights guy👍

From time to time this gets pointed out by non resident hunters who feel that since they too own the forest service land, they should get more big game licenses.
And thats whats going on here too, im sure.
I’m not sure what you mean with this one @Forkyfinder?
No one is benefitted in the long term. The management of state land would be the biggest political football, more so than it already is.

Ha - even you? I can imagine what long time R would want to do with USFS land and "out of staters"

Yea but we are discussing a scenario in which it gets transferred to the state, are we not?

I’m not sure I see a downside here. But then again, I’m a big states rights guy🤘
NOT. The topic is gun control money to Montana Senatorial candidates and the candidates' positions.

Federal public lands to the states is covered ad nauseum in a plethora of previous threads, videos, podcasts, and other extensive media coverage. Stick to topic.

I’m not sure I see a downside here. But then again, I’m a big states rights guy🤘

So, why would or should Uncle Sam just give any state land worth billions of dollars...for nothing? States are not in any position to pay fair value for those lands.

That is most certainly not true. I can think of many people who would most definitely benefit!😎
Another cheesey response from a collection of ignorant and selfish thoughts.

Cant wait to write FWP and ask them to dramatically increase NR prices. Its not nearly enough, apparently.

Last edited:

I’m not sure I see a downside here. But then again, I’m a big states rights guy👍
Been through this, do a search and find a clue.

The state would go broke trying to manage Federal lands, fire fighting alone would crush Montana.

The State of Utah, (again google it) did an exhaustive report, and there is no fiscal way for the States to manage what are now Federal lands. Even selling off the best half of the Federal Public land and using that money to manage what's left would work. The study was put together by people wayyyyy smarter than you, which I agree, wouldn't take much. But still, they're experts in the costs associated with managing public lands.

All that aside, it's an unpopular idea even for Republican voters other than the fringe right. Americans want Federal Public Lands to remain as they are.

States have proven over and over again that they simply can't be trusted to keep public lands in public hands.

Last edited:
NOT. The topic is gun control money to Montana Senatorial candidates and the candidates' positions.

Federal public lands to the states is covered ad nauseum in a plethora of previous threads, videos, podcasts, and other extensive media coverage. Stick to topic.
And you already claimed the topic to be "political banter and speculation". The're just digging up other worn out topics to argue about.😁😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vermonthoosier547
Back