Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana pronghorn draw

Im still showing pending and nothing for pronghorn in my items. At least I have a general deer and will go out in November now for sure.

Looks like 0/2, with a buddy pending. Damn.

Or maybe I should be hopeful this is because they decided to drop tag numbers as a management response to declining herd numbers?

No… that’s not likely. Probably just bad luck.

Unsuccessful with 5 points on a buck and 3 points on a B tag. Tough to stomach that if I want to hunt the places I want to hunt for Antelope, and assuming the trend in probability only gets more difficult, that at 40 years old and living to life expectancy I might only get to hunt pronghorn on those landscapes 5 or 6 more times.

Congrats to all those who drew!

Unsuccessful with 5 points on a buck and 3 points on a B tag. Tough to stomach that if I want to hunt the places I want to hunt for Antelope, and assuming the trend in probability only gets more difficult, that at 40 years old and living to life expectancy I might only get to hunt pronghorn on those landscapes 5 or 6 more times.

Fourth buck tag I've drawn. Seems like every third year I get lucky. Sorry to hear^, it's an awful lot of fun to hunt familiar ground.

There's a way to hunt about every year and its the 900 permit. I'm likely to start that as I've been too lucky too often in MT antelope draws.

No love from WY or MT this year. Went from trying to figure out how I was going to fit it all in, to 0 tags in my pocket pretty quickly. LOL
I'm perfectly fine with fitting in a duck hunt out west instead though.

Damn. 0-2 the last 2 years after a few successful years in a row. Oh well. Shoot straight y'all!

Enough of this anecdotal stuff, let’s talk science. So I used to take part in an annual hunt called the Busch lite challenge antelope hunt. It’s an archery hunt where you fill a cooler up with beer and take off driving and stalk every antelope buck encountered on public land. When we first started this hunt 25 years ago, you might get 1 or 2 beers drank all day. The hunting and amount of stalks just didn’t allow it. More recently I’m chit faced by 9 am. Sadly the hunt ended last year when I got my 6th dui. Real impacts to real lives. It’s serious stuff

Got lucky and drew a lope buck tag where I live with no points. Not great numbers and not much for size most years but I’m pumped as it’ll be a great time to take the kids along and get some fun stalks in. Our 14 year old drew a lope b tag here too, so it’ll be a fun year and we won’t have to drive far.

Antelope “B” tag. Boy, talk about a red headed unlucky middle child this year. Oh well, good ‘nuff! Drew something. Got some deer “B” tags and my “A” tags. Will put some meat in the freezer. I’m happy. Hope all drew what you wish. Good luck all. MTG

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BradenBowhunter148
Back