Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana pronghorn draw

I did, and I remember going to the breaks with a buck tag in my pocket every year and usually with 2 or 3 surplus pronghorn doe tags. I'm no biologist, but I wonder how much that sort of liberal harvest from 20 years ago brought us to where we are today.

Nowadays in some of the okayer districts of SW MT, hunting pronghorn is kind of a once-every-five-years thing, which is really a bummer when I think about how little my kids will get to chase pronghorn in their lives - maybe the most fun hunting there is.

Antelope hunting is definitely one of the most fun family hunts there is. Good weather for young kids and action all day long

Enough of this anecdotal stuff, let’s talk science. So I used to take part in an annual hunt called the Busch lite challenge antelope hunt. It’s an archery hunt where you fill a cooler up with beer and take off driving and stalk every antelope buck encountered on public land. When we first started this hunt 25 years ago, you might get 1 or 2 beers drank all day. The hunting and amount of stalks just didn’t allow it. More recently I’m chit faced by 9 am. Sadly the hunt ended last year when I got my 6th dui. Real impacts to real lives. It’s serious stuff

Enough of this anecdotal stuff, let’s talk science. So I used to take part in an annual hunt called the Busch lite challenge antelope hunt. It’s an archery hunt where you fill a cooler up with beer and take off driving and stalk every antelope buck encountered on public land. When we first started this hunt 25 years ago, you might get 1 or 2 beers drank all day. The hunting and amount of stalks just didn’t allow it. More recently I’m chit faced by 9 am. Sadly the hunt ended last year when I got my 6th dui. Real impacts to real lives. It’s serious stuff
Wanna go hunting this year?

2 things….

1. You were drinking illegally.
2. 9 am is later than I would guessed the way you handle beer.

Sounds like the mule deer problem you get so worked up about might need to take a back seat…. No pun intended. 😅

How you get caught driving drunk 6 times and it ain’t a felony but if I get 3 misdemeanor assaults, it’s a felony? Boys have been fighting for as long as time…. That’s unreal man be glad you ain’t stuck with strictly bow and ML season.

Sounds like the mule deer problem you get so worked up about might need to take a back seat…. No pun intended. 😅

How you get caught driving drunk 6 times and it ain’t a felony but if I get 3 misdemeanor assaults, it’s a felony? Boys have been fighting for as long as time…. That’s unreal man be glad you ain’t stuck with strictly bow and ML season.
@Flatbrimmer let me help - he’s kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back