Montana General Season Structure Proposal

My other question is are non resident tags g going to increase or decrease in the future to manage elk and deer on private land. Because the people behind this are not going to let the public hunt. Maybe a few cows to apease or show they working with fwp. Which fwp they there daddy already.
it would actually be better if that incoherent, 2 AM rambling was a result of drinking.

@Shed God has made some solid points here and there about hunting mule deer or not. Someone can be a poor writer and knowledgable about mule deer.

One of the best points thats discernable - the mule deer in an october season will be less tempted to leave private in search of does. If i were in the mule deer outfitting business - i would certainly see some benefits to not having bucks leave property i leased or owned. Not that im against the proposal.

@Shed God has made some solid points here and there about hunting mule deer or not. Someone can be a poor writer and knowledgable about mule deer.

One of the best points thats discernable - the mule deer in an october season will be less tempted to leave private in search of does. If i were in the mule deer outfitting business - i would certainly see some benefits to not having bucks leave property i leased or owned. Not that im against the proposal.
I have mixed feeling because it’s a valid point….. as is when they all come out of the wood work to breed does out on the fields season will be over

Seen the thread pop up and figured it was @Shed God day drinking 🤷‍♂️
Who says I'm not day drinking...

From my experience, there are plenty of bucks on public in October. The rut displaces more bucks onto private than anything else.

It’s about lessening pressure during mule deer’s most vulnerable period, not weighting a season structure to benefit one group of hunters over others.
Stands to reason that if deer populations are more concentrated on private then mule deer bucks are more likely to select private ground to rut on than the other way around.

Reduce pressure? Sure! Spread us out a bit, I like it! But I call BS on a buck not wanting to rut on public if that’s where the more concentrated populations of does are… which it isn’t.

Be very easy too find out. My uncle Flys for fwp. Where do u think most the mule deer are. Where are they protecting mule deer. Where are the numbers. Private because it's limited. Pay to play.

Cgasner u seem like a guide or outfitter too me. Maybe NR. Ya 2 of my brothers went to mt tech lineman school. 1 chose blm great opportunity for him. 1 a bad ass linemen. Over time take it all.

Cgasner u seem like a guide or outfitter too me. Maybe NR. Ya 2 of my brothers went to mt tech lineman school. 1 chose blm great opportunity for him. 1 a bad ass linemen. Over time take it all.
Never guided in a professional way. I hunt with a lot of friends and enjoy calling bulls in for them. These are the calls I haven’t taken this weekend. It doesn’t include the 4 I have so far

Attachments

• IMG_2891.png
    IMG_2891.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 28
No worries. My fault
I’m sitting here on the couch with my 6 year old watching tv he has really gotten into shooting his bow this year. Last year we went out and I almost got a bull with my bow with him sitting next to me his is asking about going again this year. That is the reason why I want to see change is for these boys so they hopefully can enjoy what I have

So do u think the proposal your 6 yr old the same experience u have had on public land.

So do u think the proposal your 6 yr old the same experience u have had on public land.
With any luck but something needs to change. We can’t continue down this road the deer need help in some way every year we get more technology and less deer. You can think what you want about the group but all of us came together for the wildlife and not our own benefit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back