Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana General Season Structure Proposal

Gerald wish I could hunt big muleys in montana every 5 yrs or so. Realize not the reality of montana otc mule deer hunting. So I will support change for the better.

How many tags will be alocated to residents vs non residents? Not sure how I feel about archery starting in August, most years it's pretty hot. I'm a little worried about spoilage. I will usually skip the beginning of Sept. when it's still 90 degrees.
This proposal doesn’t change what’s currently allocated to Residents or NR’s. NR’s would still be limited to up to 10% of permits and the multiple avenues that they can acquire a general license.

Just because a season opens doesn’t mean a person has to hunt. I would hope most people would skip hunting if the temperatures are approaching 100 degrees but I’ve got my doubts since that doesn’t happen in September. For what it’s worth, next week in Montana looks like it would be a few awesome days to be hunting critters in velvet.

This proposal doesn’t change what’s currently allocated to Residents or NR’s. NR’s would still be limited to up to 10% of permits and the multiple avenues that they can acquire a general license.

Just because a season opens doesn’t mean a person has to hunt. I would hope most people would skip hunting if the temperatures are approaching 100 degrees but I’ve got my doubts since that doesn’t happen in September. For what it’s worth, next week in Montana looks like it would be a few awesome days to be hunting critters in velvet.

You have too much faith in people. You give them a time to hunt they will hunt. If they lose part of the meat the story will be we did what we could to try and save it.

You have too much faith in people. You give them a time to hunt they will hunt. If they lose part of the meat the story will be we did what we could to try and save it.
I would hope most people would skip hunting if the temperatures are approaching 100 degrees but I’ve got my doubts since that doesn’t happen in September.

I’ve shot elk in triple digit weather and not lost any meat. If you’re doing any elk hunting without a plan for the meat you’re an idiot. Elk will spoil in late rifle if you leave the guts in them and people do that every year
I’m talking about the portion of the hunting population that doesn’t really have a clue or will do it for likes, views, etc. I feel that’s a larger number than those on here.

I shot a cow with the bow 4 miles from the truck about 15 years ago in the breaks. It was 102 degrees when we got it packed out that day. It definitely sucked but didn’t lose an ounce of meat.

I know brother Martin I said, that I would stay out of your way. But I pmed u. No response. My father said. U should say what u think. What is its all bullshit. False number of tags sold. Really with October deer season otc u think it matter. Change nothing on public land. Private yes because they limit the hunters. Like a LE unit. Start archery elk August fock that. So your telling me the states legal battles with landowners that have problems with elk are going to change with archery elk hunting in August. And a cow hunt in october land owner discretion. That's bullshit. Look at all the elk problems over last 20 yrs. It's access and grazing cattle. It's wrong this proposal $*)Q!#@$ the public. I think a committee should be more public and who they work for. Calling out a few. The problem is everyone getting #@)(*%* except private and non residents.

I think the privileged benefit and a facade of dipshits get credit for it. But in reality hurt public land hunter. No doubt.

Who are the 14 or so people on the committee and what do they do for a living. Who are they representing.

The truth is this. They are going to sell as many tags as they can. They don't give a #*^@#* about public land. Really u going to change archery elk hunting to August to appease deer season. Get the fock out of here. These season structures and tag allocations all benefit private for deer and elk. Name the ranches that will allow cow elk hunting for the public. It corupt. Bullshit

So what I think.

This is there God dam plan. We preach an otc mule deer hunt in october like wyoming. But we sell as many deer tags as possible. Who gives a shit about public land. Our bosses happy. Private limits it like LE. We make people choose a district or muley or whitey. Iam pretty sure some of that is my idea. Randi kicked me off here a few timed. Walks alot, almost ect. But October we sell to the public like it's wyoming. Are u $*)Q!#@$ kidding me. The hunting pressure is immense on public land. Ya your region 6 and 7 hurting. U stupid asses have no idea. Hunt region 3 where it is mostly otc elk. Every swinging dick blasting deer because the elk on private. So with the elk we trick em. August archery elk. That is gay. So we pressure the elk onto private earlier. But we propose cow hunt in middle of deer season. To pressure the elk onto private more for rifle. Are people for real. U think this is a good idea. For $*)Q!#@$ real. When the biggest problem is elk on private in montana. Who's idea is this. They should attach there name to it and who work for.

Simple fix is all draw same season structure. #*^@#* the private that does not allow hunting. Don't give them a cent from fwp, blm anything. They double dipping, triple dipping. It's not 1800s. No kings in USA. #*^@#* em.

Make mule deer draw. Protect them. Greatest failure fwp in montana.

Where the problem is. Some people have alot of land or money. Different classes. Way of the world. But those people are dictating the season structure of elk and deer hunting. The simple fix is yes. U own part of a mountain or half. U get some tags. Use them. Sell them.

But what they are doing is dictating season structure and tag sales to there benefit. While the public gets screwed.

Most on here think of ethical things. Meat, fair Chase, trespassing, law abiding. Problem is the ones with power abuse it.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back