Advertisement

Just Got Scammed on Hunttalk. Need some help/ Warning @Grud

CoHunter1991

So over the last few weeks I got scammed here on Hunttalk in the classifieds section trying to buy a seekins stock. I need some help from you all on what I need to do and what I can post on here. Am I allowed to post the users info on here to warn others? Can i do anything from a Law Enforcement side? I have never been scammed before and I am fuming. Just attempted to contact the user on PayPal and it appears i have been blocked. Help friends.

You can definitely post their name and any info you have. Some accounts have been hacked but occasionally someone sneaks past the 10 posts and such.

okay. Scammers info is below. Do I need to reach out to an admin and report this?

William Proctor
User Name: Grud

He seemed like i nice guy that knew alot about seekins, even sent me photos of the stock with the date on a sticky note. thought i covered my a** but apparently not.

okay. Scammers info is below. Do I need to reach out to an admin and report this?

William Proctor
User Name: Grud

He seemed like i nice guy that knew alot about seekins, even sent me photos of the stock with the date on a sticky note. thought i covered my a** but apparently not.
That limp d!@k tried to sell me a Zeiss scope.

Edit: it was scope rings. And I didn’t even ask for any on this forum.

That limp d!@k tried to sell me a Zeiss scope.
No kidding? dam I cant believe I fell for it then. sucks. Definitely a scammer. he wont respond to my texts or messages on here so I assume I'm blocked.

Yeah thats smart. I have never bought on here and thought i covered myself by asking for photos with username and date. Guess he has a seekins

If money exchanged hands absolutely get law enforcement involved
Yeah i sent it to him via Paypal. Paypal has been no help. Do i just contact my local LOE? or is there something on the Fed side i can submit his info too?

Last edited:
Good luck. I just found a guy trying to sell a gun of mine in the internet.

He is using my pictures and I have contacted him to see about buying the gun. It took awhile to finally get a name and address, now I have contacted the police in the town he gave me as an address.

They told me to file a police report in my home town and they will then contact the police in his town.

Meanwhile he is still contacting me to get me to send him the money. He has 3 different names 2 phone numbers and one address so far.

The LEO isn’t to positive about catching this guy, but it will be interesting to see if we can…

Wow okay Ill see if i can find his address. Anyone know how to do a phone number reverse search?

Okay something odd just happened... my conversation with him just disappeared. Does that mean he blocked me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back