PEAX Equipment

Need some HuntTalk wisdom on 5th Wheels

Nice looking setup.
Is the Generator going to fit in the trailer or is it going in the bed of the truch?

Mine has an Onan built in with a start button on the inside. Sure is nice.

Nice looking setup.
Is the Generator going to fit in the trailer or is it going in the bed of the truch?

Mine has an Onan built in with a start button on the inside. Sure is nice.
It is all prepped and ready to go for the generator with the button inside the trailer. The Onan fits in there perfectly. All wired up with the fuel lines already run and everything.

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg
Just got to get it put in there.

My first toy hauler I got used about 6 years ago had the generator and fuel dispenser setup and I’m not sure I would want to own a trailer without either now.

Last edited:
I've had a 5th wheel for quite a while and (knock on wood) have never had any issues. Mine is not a toy hauler, it's 32'. I have the larger 235/85R16 tires that are 14 ply. I welded a hitch on the back myself and used heavy duty materials. I tow a couple ATV's on a trailer, and I also have a 17' Crestliner boat that I pull around. I would never go back to a bumper pull after having a 5th wheel.

My truck is a 2019 GMC 2500HD Diesel, which I think is pretty similar to yours. It has plenty of power to tow my stuff faster than I should, so I am very conscience about keeping it safe. We have some elk tags in Wyoming this year and I will be towing this setup there in October.

If you decide to go with a 5th wheel I have no doubt you will be glad you did.

One other note. I have an Anderson Hitch that's rated for 24,000lbs. It attaches to my B&W turn over ball. It's all aluminum and I can lift it in and out of the truck easily.

View attachment 336228
14 ply tires are the way to go.

14 ply tires are the way to go.
Absolutely. I just put 4 new 14ply tires on my 5th wheel last week. The last ones were 5 years old and still had plenty of tread, but I don't chance it. 5-year-old tires is my limit. I would rather keep fresh tires on my trailer than have a blow out and have to pay for repairs.

Absolutely. I just put 4 new 14ply tires on my 5th wheel last week. The last ones were 5 years old and still had plenty of tread, but I don't chance it. 5-year-old tires is my limit. I would rather keep fresh tires on my trailer than have a blow out and have to pay for repairs.
No doubt about it. I like to be able to cruise at 80 mph when travel across Wyoming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back