Yeti GOBOX Collection

HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
Broke my fibula in a hockey game and I can't walk or drive for the next two months. In retrospect, I'm a little glad I didn't draw any tags this year but also probably going to get a lot of cabin fever and flabby lol. Gonna be a book readin' fall

View attachment 336329
That sucks man, get well soon! In high school I tore my ACL playing football days before a hunting trip. I was able to go and barely participle. Taught me to avoid anything that may compromise my hunting, cuz Hunting > football.

That sucks man, get well soon! In high school I tore my ACL playing football days before a hunting trip. I was able to go and barely participle. Taught me to avoid anything that may compromise my hunting, cuz Hunting > football.
I've been dreading the long term damage ever since, but the healing is going surprisingly well. I was sure I'd be slated for surgery or hardware but so far it's not on the table. Doctor said I could consider getting back on the ice in October, though I'll probably wait til November or December. Mentally, I just can't not play. If I lost the leg, I'd be on the sled hockey team in a heartbeat.

That ACL still give you trouble or did you PT your way out of it?

I've been dreading the long term damage ever since, but the healing is going surprisingly well. I was sure I'd be slated for surgery or hardware but so far it's not on the table. Doctor said I could consider getting back on the ice in October, though I'll probably wait til November or December. Mentally, I just can't not play. If I lost the leg, I'd be on the sled hockey team in a heartbeat.

That ACL still give you trouble or did you PT your way out of it?
That good news! Might consider some good high ankle boots in the hills while that ankle gets strengthened as well.

With my knee happening when I was young i recovered really quick and have no issues other than nerve pain if I kneel/crawl and slightly less range of motion. I don’t need to kick my own behind though and can use insertable knee pads so never a problem.

When I got done with a 5 mile hike with 40lb s in my pack yesterday I sat in the chair covered in sweat and was drinking water. I told my wife that that sucked. She asked if I thought my brother, who is going hunting with us this fall, is doing anything to prepare. I responded with, I don’t do this just for hunting you know, it’s so I can protect my family if the time ever arises and so I look like the svelte stud you married. She just laughed.

I guess my thought from last year was this. Dropping from 190 to 165 helped a hell of a lot going up hill. Had no issues while my brother was sucking wind.

Then he shot an elk and I had to help sherpa it down the mountain. He was 1/4 mile ahead of me.

Takeaway: cardio rocks, but don't forget strength training to get back down. My legs were jello.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back