HTer Fitness Goals '24 Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 52098
  • Start date
View attachment 330898
Straight very! No lateral movement. 65’ in 18s. Been starting my morning with three ascents at full speed. My goal for the end of the month is to work up to 8 ascents back to back with no gassing out at the top.
Curious, whats going on with those other two lines? Are they to eyelets in the tree? To carabiners. One knotted? I am not a climber so just curious and trying to puzzle it out.

Curious, whats going on with those other two lines? Are they to eyelets in the tree? To carabiners. One knotted? I am not a climber so just curious and trying to puzzle it out.
Gymnastics rings.

Adjustable so I can use them and so can the kids.

Well, my 3 day “softrock” attempt is over, but not cause I finished it. Had to throw in the towel at mile 72 or so cause my right knee seemed like it was blowing up and I am hoping I stopped before any actual damage was done that would interfere with my goat hunt this September.

My friends are still on course and on track to finish up today. We got 34.5miles the first day and 36ish the second day - both more than I had ever done in a single day. I had a great experience on the first day where I was feeling pretty rough at about 28miles and then something flipped and it was like I was back at mile zero and felt awesome for the rest of the day.

Anyway - that HardRock 100 course is no joke. People say that, but now I can really appreciate it. San Juan’s are also very pretty.

IMG_8985.jpeg

Really feel good about switching to this for my protein shake in the morning. Macros off the charts.

IMG_0199.jpeg

Being from Alaska, I do not like heat.
This summer is the first time I've experienced 90 degrees in 24 years.

So I bike in low gear at dawn when it is typically in the 60s.
And I solo canoe, checking out potential waterfowl hunting spots.
And reverse lunges every other morning.

I still hike at least once a week, starting at 4am, finishing up at 9am.
That keeps my feet tough and hiking with a pack i hunt with.
"Maintenance mode".

The nice thing about the mountain west, even if it peaks 100 degrees in late afternoon,
the early mornings are typically in the 60s.

Being from Alaska, I do not like heat.
This summer is the first time I've experienced 90 degrees in 24 years.

So I bike in low gear at dawn when it is typically in the 60s.
And I solo canoe, checking out potential waterfowl hunting spots.
And reverse lunges every other morning.

I still hike at least once a week, starting at 4am, finishing up at 9am.
That keeps my feet tough and hiking with a pack i hunt with.
"Maintenance mode".

The nice thing about the mountain west, even if it peaks 100 degrees in late afternoon,
the early mornings are typically in the 60s.
My daily hikes come to a screeching halt every summer in July and August when it’s hotter than Hades out. Most years I’m preparing for hunting in September, but this year I don’t have anything planned until the end of October. I hope this heat is short lived and I can get back after it. It is much cooler today, low 80s, so I’m thinking I’ll get a hike in after work. When I can’t hike, I increase the body weight exercises.

That’s a nice pace (and heart rate) for a hot weather run, nice job!

The heat and humidity has chased me in to the pool except for one or two pack workouts a week. X3 swims of 2000 yards per, I always feel great after a swim.

Steady 174lbs. Lost some dealing with ole Rio.
But Dotti has me focused. Gotta stay nimble. Build the muscle back. Dodge bones and whatever she is chewing on.
Feel better than I have in years. 69.
Have Vet visit at end of month for Dotti(2nd shot) and I get blood checked. Dr. video chat on the 7th.
Last PSA was .03..............down from 419.16.
Hoping it stays low and I keep kicking.
I have a puppy to raise and outlive now.

This summer has seen much of my free time usually dedicated to running spent working an extra gig or other obligations. Work has me on the road this week so I suppose I’ll get back into a routine. Straight off the plane today I got 5 miles in and I was reminded what real Heat is. i didn’t perish and am gonna push hard through the suck this week. IMG_9576.png

Back