Yeti GOBOX Collection

HT recipe thread.

I just do the standard 1 gallon water 1 cup kosher salt 1 cup brown sugar but add Old Bay for a little more flavor.
Ok thanks! I tried a dry brine and holy moly the salt bout turned my face into a raisin. How long do you let it go in your brine?

WTF @Khunter? This is a hunt talk recipe thread, not your personal cookbook. Those “nasty processed canned, boxed and jarred food products” may be food folks grew up with. Who cares. Skip the recipe if you don’t want to make it.

Ok thanks! I tried a dry brine and holy moly the salt bout turned my face into a raisin. How long do you let it go in your brine?
For me no more than 8. 4 is fine if you’re in a hurry.

My wife made deer Philly sliders tonight.

1/2 lb ground deer (we have 90/10)
1 yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
2 tbs W sauce (I can’t spell it)
Salt and pepper to taste
Provolone cheese
Hawaiian rolls
1/4 stick of butter

Super easy recipe. Dice and season your veggies, cook then to slightly translucent and set them aside. Cook your deer and season with the W sauce, then add your veggies back. Take off of heat. Trick here is to not overcook the meat cuz you’re gonna have to bake it.

Get your rolls and cut the set in half. Evenly portion the meat and add the cheese. Put the top bread on and butter it. Bake it in the oven at 450 deg for 15 min. They should come out crispy. Cut your portions and serve.

We did air fried fries with ours but sub with any starch of your choice.

Last edited:
I just do the standard 1 gallon water 1 cup kosher salt 1 cup brown sugar but add Old Bay for a little more flavor.
I think brining is the single thing that elevated my wild game cooking the most. Second being a good thermometer and not overdoing it.

How I remember my brine recipe (which I use for everything) is the phrase:

Quarter, Quarter, Quart

1/4c salt, 1/4c sugar (or any sweet), 1 quart of water.

You can adjust from there but that is always the base.

Anyone got a good gooseberry pie recipe?

Have about 3 gallons in the freezer looking for a good use.

Alright, the long awaited recipe that no one asked for. Pronghorn meatballs.

1/2 pound grounded 90/10 pronghorn
1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp minced garlic (I add more cuz I’m scared of vampires)
1 tsp salt and pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan

Note if you add another pound, don’t add another egg and do 1 cup bread crumbs.

In a bowl, mix all ingredients together. I like to fold the bread crumbs in between before a final mix. Use your hands, and end up with a meatloaf texture. Roll your balls out to a large jawbreaker. Add olive oil to a pan and get it piping hot. Heat it enough to make a crust.

IMG_1063.jpeg

When the crust is done, add your spaghetti sauce of choice and let it simmer for another 5 min or so. Take off heat and store it in the oven until your noodles are done.

IMG_1064.jpeg

Plate and enjoy.

image.jpg

Last edited:
made a chanterelle sauce with the mushrooms I gathered in SC,,,,,,

sauce:

finely diced some green onions and garlic c;loves,,
melted a 1/4 stick of butter then sauteed the above,,, added a splash of rum when 1/2 done,,,,
then added chanterelles (busted them up first), salted and peppered, then sauteed till a lot of the moisture was gone,,,
then added chopped thyme and a 1/2 cup heavy cream, dropped heat to low and simmered till thick I wanted it,,,

meanwhile I cooked some cob corn,,,

then cooked some trout like I like them,,, seasoned and "fried" in a bit of butter till done, flip, and cook other side,,,,

smothered cooked trout with sauce,,,

oh my,,

IMG_7019.jpeg

IMG_7020.jpeg

These are always in my fridge. Might kick that BLT up another notch.
That would be good too. I just happened to try it on a whim with a pile of jalapeños from the garden sitting there the light bulb went off. The mayo and tomato actually tamed the peppers down some. Was the perfect heat.

Stupidly simple but next time your making BLT's I substituted the lettuce for sliced jalapeños. Highly recommend. Especially with a garden fresh tomato.
I subscribe to this idea. I’m a texture person and would really appreciate the crunch of a fresh jalapeño on a BLT.

That would be good too. I just happened to try it on a whim with a pile of jalapeños from the garden sitting there the light bulb went off. The mayo and tomato actually tamed the peppers down some. Was the perfect heat.
Fresh might actually be better with the added crunch minus the lettuce. Pickled jalapenos are a bit softer.

Back