Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Good Neighbor: Elk Management in Montana

They allow more resident elk hunting than any ranch I’m aware of.

Yet, I doubt Mr. Blank is relying on cattle or elk to pay his bills, making it a hard comparison to ranch owners who rely on cattle or elk to pay their bills.

View attachment 343408
I think their example is a good one. The random draw element is neat, I think iv encountered a few other type 2 BMA that have a random selector as well.

Certainly unrepresentative of smaller operations but arguably PVR compared to bob anderson is a good contrast

Two opposite ends of of the social economic spectrum providing the same access opportunities. Well almost the same.

I think their example is a good one. The random draw element is neat, I think iv encountered a few other type 2 BMA that have a random selector as well.

Certainly unrepresentative of smaller operations but arguably PVR compared to bob anderson is a good contrast

Two opposite ends of of the social economic spectrum providing the same access opportunities. Well almost the same.
This got me thinking about the spectrum of landowners that participate in BM. There are clearly places FWP can focus the efforts. I’m sure even this breakdown isn’t as clean and neat as we would like.

- people that would never do it
- people that do it but not for the money
- people that do it as a civic service and the money helps a little
- people that do it solely for the money
- people that do it for the 454 elk tag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brent Thomton
Back