Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Go Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dramatic hypebole there. So you have not trust in our Governor? Or you must believe hunters and sportsman/woman are single issue voters.
It was the Republican platform. It will be an issue and sportsmen are apathetic after voting. Having to rely on the Veto is disheartening.

Would still be a neat trick that the Montana Legislature can force the Federal Government to hand over control of public lands to them.
See last answer, and the Federal Government has 2 pieces of the puzzle now.

There is about as much chance of that happening as Bigfin's worries about ebola and ISIS. IMO that's a truism, but there will be blood shed (figuratively for those that take things literally)

Maybe those who support the other side should run better candidates that appeal to sportsman/ women who vote. Nail meet hammer!

The world isn't ending because Republicans hold the Montana Legislature. No but my free time has just ended. This legislative session will be a toughy for sure. It's not so much the fact that Republicans won elections, but that the extremists did. We like a lot of Republican candidates

Nemont
See above!

Last edited:
So if you don't get your way in the legislature and still get the result you want through veto, that isn't a win?

Care to place a bet right now that in the next two years there will not be a bill passed in Congress that gives public lands to the states to manage? Name the bet and I will take it.

Were you appointed to represent hunters or did you volunteer to go to the legislature? If you volunteered to be involved I have not sympathy for you losing your time. You do have my sympathy for having to sit through all those mind numbing meetings and listen to minutiae that would bore an amoeba but you kind of sign up for that when you volunteer.

How come there wasn't an alternative to that appealed to the voters who elected extremists? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Which Republican candidates did you like?

Still willing to bet that next year and for as long as I am able I will be hunting on public lands managed by the federal government.

Nemont

So if you don't get your way in the legislature and still get the result you want through veto, that isn't a win? We're not play sandlot baseball here. Over all it showed that sportsmens issues aren't big on the priority list. I don't stomp my feet and throw tissy fits. We lost many races, that was my point. Look elsewhere for a place to thump your chest.

Care to place a bet right now that in the next two years there will not be a bill passed in Congress that gives public lands to the states to manage? Name the bet and I will take it. Care to place a bet that there will be a bill drawn up at the state level?Maybe even at the federal level.

Were you appointed to represent hunters or did you volunteer to go to the legislature? If you volunteered to be involved I have not sympathy for you losing your time. You do have my sympathy for having to sit through all those mind numbing meetings and listen to minutiae that would bore an amoeba but you kind of sign up for that when you volunteer. This is about leaving something for my Grand kid to hunt and fish, and somewhere to do it. I see no other recourse than to do what's necessary for that end. I don't fight these issues for a slap on the back or gratitude, (which certainly doesn't happen).

How come there wasn't an alternative to that appealed to the voters who elected extremists? Don't hate the player, hate the game. IF you don't know by now, people fall into a mob mentality leading up to election time. Even though we are better off today than last election cycle, the media made us feel worse. Corporate America did a outstanding job of manipulating the masses this time. I hate "Citizens United" ruling, and feel sorry for our kids, mostly! If you had a D after your were in trouble because of it. There were alternatives. and many were middle roaders.

Which Republican candidates did you like? The ones that would not sign the Party Platform. Also we like moderates that have worked with us in the past. I liked Rick Hill, just not enough to vote for him.

Still willing to bet that next year and for as long as I am able I will be hunting on public lands managed by the federal government. Hopefully you'll be calling your reps to insure that statement.

Nemont

See above

Were you appointed to represent hunters or did you volunteer to go to the legislature? If you volunteered to be involved I have not sympathy for you losing your time.

Some say activism is the price you pay to live in a free country... I guess it is our own fault if we choose to make the system better by becoming involved, but your comment seems disrespectful of the people who choose to fight for what they believe in instead of watching TV. Good for Robert for caring enough to make a difference.

As for your other comment about putting forth viable opponents, there were plenty but the Rs ran against Obama instead.

Who was thumping their chest? I never made any reference to my chest or to thumping it. No politics isn't sandlot baseball, it is much worse. Who do you know in politics that always gets their way?

You are worried about what is drafted and put in the hopper or what gets passed? I worry about what can get passed in congress or in the legislature.

Anybody can draft a bill to do about anything, passing a law at the state level requiring the federal government to hand over management of lands is meaningless IMO.

So you are the only one that wants to pass on a hunting and outdoor heritage to you children and grand children? Who is thumping their chest?

I said I would bet that no bill gets passed in congress to give states management of public lands, Not that a bill wouldn't be drafted or that there will be hearing on such stupid stuff but what matters is what can get passed.

How many Republican candidates didn't sign the party platform?

Nemont

Land issues can be dealt with, as has been proven before. To vote for a left-wing idiot just to try to protect one small facet of the issues, is selfish and crazy. The liberal left can preach all they want about protecting your right to public land, but the bottom line is that they were systematically disassembling this country and the morals that have built it. .

For a Democrat to say that they support sportsmen and then vote with Obama is pure hypocrisy-nothing more. Colorado's Hickenlooper is a gun control nut and then had the gumption to show up at the One Shot Antelope Hunt last year.

Democrats are not a friend of sportsmen OR America.

The Repubs have a chance now and if they blow it, they will be thrown out, too. That is how it is suppose to work.

Some say activism is the price you pay to live in a free country... I guess it is our own fault if we choose to make the system better by becoming involved, but your comment seems disrespectful of the people who choose to fight for what they believe in instead of watching TV. Good for Robert for caring enough to make a difference.

As for your other comment about putting forth viable opponents, there were plenty but the Rs ran against Obama instead.

I admire anyone willing to get into the ring. I never said a word about that, my comment was about him complaining that his time was now taken up by being in the ring. He volunteered to be in the ring, that is all, not sure where the disrespect is.

As for the R's running against Obama, that doesn't mean diddly. The voters voted for who they wanted in office, period. Had the R's opponents ran better more appealing campaigns then the R's would not have won. When the D's ran against Bush and won it was the same thing.

Nemont

For a Democrat to say that they support sportsmen and then vote with Obama is pure hypocrisy-nothing more.

I don't see how these exclude each other. Can you give me an example? Was Tester a hypocrite with Simpson-Tester and or The Sportsman's Act of 2012?

Better yet, what about the 39 republicans that switched votes for the 2012 Sportsman's Act to nay isn't that a bit more hypocritical?

Last edited:
Fin said it with many more words than I.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No matter which party, if they have absolute power for too long, they eventually manage to step on their male genitalia.

I don't see how these exclude each other. Can you give me an example? Was Tester a hypocrite with Simpson-Tester and or The Sportsman's Act of 2012?

Better yet, what about the 39 republicans that switched votes for the 2012 Sportsman's Act to nay isn't that a bit more hypocritical?

Quit making sense.:D

Care to place a bet right now that in the next two years there will not be a bill passed in Congress that gives public lands to the states to manage? Name the bet and I will take it.

Nemont

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free right now?

Daines cosponsored HR 1526 which passed with a Republican House majority. It has been sitting with the Senate, waiting to see if they could get a majority in this election, of which Daines is now a member of. HR 1526 gives management authority to the Federal Public Lands to the States.

Title II would give States the ability to determine management on Federal lands, including prioritized management treatments for hazardous fuel reductions and forest health projects without consultation with Federal land agencies, public involvement, or consideration of sound science and management options. The title would also accelerate commercial grazing and timber harvests without appropriate environmental review and public involvement, and would impede compliance with NEPA and Endangered Species Act (ESA) requirements. The Administration supports early public participation in Federal land management. The bill would mandate processes that shortchange collaboration and would lead to more conflict and delay. Further, this title’s mandated use of limited budgetary resources would likely reduce funding for other critical projects...

If H.R. 1526 were presented to the President, his senior advisors would recommend that he veto the bill.

Last edited:
Kat,

You may want to revisit you High School Government class. Any bill that is still in the hopper at the end of a Congressional Term is dead, even if it passed one half of congress. They would have to reintroduce this bill in the House and get it passed and then it would require a cloture vote in the Senate in order to proceed.

So passing a bill in the House during the 112th congress and then waitng to see if you have a majority in the 113th congress is a meaningless strategy.

If you guys are so certain of this then put your money up, what is the bet? There is not gong to be a bill to turn public lands over to states to manage as they see fit.

Nemont

Kat,

You may want to revisit you High School Government class. Any bill that is still in the hopper at the end of a Congressional Term is dead, even if it passed one half of congress. They would have to reintroduce this bill in the House and get it passed and then it would require a cloture vote in the Senate in order to proceed.

Holy crap, with that huge barrier there is no way it could ever happen. Thanks for pointing that out.

Land issues can be dealt with, as has been proven before. To vote for a left-wing idiot just to try to protect one small facet of the issues, is selfish and crazy. The liberal left can preach all they want about protecting your right to public land, but the bottom line is that they were systematically disassembling this country and the morals that have built it. .

For a Democrat to say that they support sportsmen and then vote with Obama is pure hypocrisy-nothing more. Colorado's Hickenlooper is a gun control nut and then had the gumption to show up at the One Shot Antelope Hunt last year.

Democrats are not a friend of sportsmen OR America.

The Repubs have a chance now and if they blow it, they will be thrown out, too. That is how it is suppose to work.

I know many Dems in Montana that are a lot more friendly to sportsman and America than some of the Repubs. That's the dumbest statement I've read in a long time.

You obviously don't follow politics in the Western States.

Ever hear of the Simpson/Tester rider?

OH BTW Nemont. I do represent members of several hook and bullet organizations and will testify upon their behalf. I promise that I'll not pretend to speak for you.

I got into sportsman activism because things started to effect me and my family members. Western Montana had many new pressures being applied that started effecting big game populations and access a little earlier than the east did.

Not sure why you jumped me in the first place. Only you can answer that question.

Kat,

So passing a bill in the House during the 112th congress and then waitng to see if you have a majority in the 113th congress is a meaningless strategy.

If you guys are so certain of this then put your money up, what is the bet? There is not gong to be a bill to turn public lands over to states to manage as they see fit.

Nemont

I agree that at the Federal level there won't be such a bill drafted right now. They know that it would be Vetoed.

Lets talk when the next President becomes a Republican. We are a min of 2 years out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back