Go Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a perfect opportunity to explain how his works for public land were of no help to folks hunting and fishing in Colorado.

Better yet, how his replacement will be a better advocate for sportsman.

Last edited:
Looks like the elections show that those in favor of state land take over won! Will the rank and file sportsman come out in support of public lands? If past history repeats itself it will be a sad day for the future of hunting as we know it.
:(

This.

Though it would be nice to think that the support of the transfer of public lands to the states, and thus their loss, is a fringe position, the fact is it is the official position of the dominant political party of Montana - The Republican Party. I guarantee many who oppose the transfer of public lands to the states still had no problem voting for their GOP candidate of choice.

On the bright side in MT, Mike Wheat, an ally of sportsmen, defeated his challenger, showing that it is not as easy to buy a Supreme Court Justice position as filthy-rich out of state interests would like it to be.

Last edited:
This is a perfect opportunity to explain how his works for public land were of no help to folks hunting and fishing in Colorado.

Better yet, how his replacement will be a better advocate for sportsman.

Udall could save all the free land in north America. Still not gonna get my vote, ever....

Some things are more important than hunting/public land.... gasp....

Ok, so that is done, now we need to hold every elected officeholder's feet to the fire regarding their "promises", and to do their duty for their constituencies. For those who danced with either joy or writhed in agony as the results came in, today is the next day to monitor the issues, speak up when moved to do so, and generally be a part of the solution, instead of a part of the problem.

This.

Though it would be nice to think that the support of the transfer of public lands to the states, and thus their loss, is a fringe position, the fact is it is the official position of the dominant political party of Montana - The Republican Party. I guarantee many who oppose the transfer of public lands to the states still had no problem voting for their GOP candidate of choice.

On the bright side in MT, Mike Wheat, an ally of sportsmen, defeated his challenger, showing that it is not as easy to buy a Supreme Court Justice position as filthy-rich out of state interests would like it to be.

Shoots, Nameless, those were my thoughts last night. I argued with some friends that were voting party politics against everything they talk about on a daily basis about public lands and wildlife. This will not be a safe subject for them in the future. One argued about not trusting Wheat simply because he was a Democrat. I dont give a flip about party politics. At the end. I pointed out that we will need Wheat because if their candidates get in, we are going to have to litigate this bs.

I did my part to get rid of the the Udall in New Mexico. Didn't work.

Liked the elections nationally. New Mexico did not go my way!

Ok, so that is done, now we need to hold every elected officeholder's feet to the fire regarding their "promises", and to do their duty for their constituencies. For those who danced with either joy or writhed in agony as the results came in, today is the next day to monitor the issues, speak up when moved to do so, and generally be a part of the solution, instead of a part of the problem.

^^^^ That.

One good pleasure of being an Independent - The outcome of any election is not the end of the world.

Theses tides ebb and flow. For whatever reason, the victors take these events as some sort of endorsement of their egos, rather than what they usually are - the rejection of the existing agenda. It has happened every decade of my life. Bill and Hill got drunk on their wave of power. Then GW and his pals did the same. Obama and Reid somehow thought they knew what was best for everyone and they now face the same fate.

Short of Thomas Jefferson's call for an occasional revolution, house cleanings are probably a good thing. Neither side is exempt from the folly a victory instills in their already inflated egos. And neither side really cares much about solving problems Americans find important. By Monday, the extension of bipartisanship will be stale as last winter's dog turd, and it will be back to playing the game of politics; worrying about the team, rather than the American public.

I lose no sleep over these things. I have structured my life such that the impact the Government has on my ability to survive is very negligible. I hope to keep it that way.

I don't care about dope smokers, gay marriage, or the other issues they use to occupy themselves with and use as reasons to not address the most critical issue of the day - our financial mess. I don't have too much worry about getting killed by ISIS or contracting Ebola. I don't think guns spontaneously jump out of safes and randomly start killing people. My mom was 16 when she got pregnant with me, so if abortion was a popular mechanism in 1964, I wouldn't be here writing this today. But, given the courts have ruled on the legality/illegality, I don't wast my time on that issue, either.

I really don't care who is in control. I only care what they do/don't do as it relates to issues most important to me; the future for my son and his generation, hunting, fishing, conservation, and public land access for those hunters whose only opportunity is the public estate.

Whatever the outcome, those who overplay their hand, as Obama has, as GW and his pals did, as Bill and Hillary did, as .......; they will eventually see themselves sized for an asshat. And given the gloating and boasting last night, I fully expect the tide to carry the drunkenness of power to the new victors, where in two, four, or six years, the tide will go the other direction and the new power brokers will get drunk on the same, overplaying their hand and keeping the cycle going.

Politics seems to be a new "industry" in this country. Given that, I suspect the industry insiders will be rolling out their 2016 Presidential "business plans" by end of business today.

I just hope everyone voted. If a one did not vote, not sure what place that person has in complaining. When issues of importance arise nationally or locally, we are all better off if you act according to your beliefs and principles, whether your beliefs and principles agree with others, or not.

Take a deep breath, everyone; and do as the song says .....

Blow up your TV
Throw away the papers
Go to the country
Build you a home ......

Plant a little garden
Eat a lot of peaches
Try and find Jesus, on your own..........

Not my words, but those of John Prine, as sang by John Denver. ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2KA1_7FVpc

And if your spouse won't let you "blow up the TV," at the least, cancel CNN and FOX. :p

And please, if you do nothing else this month, go hunting and post your story here. :D:D:D

I showed my registration, which they politely asked me to sign, I gladly displayed my driver's license..with my picture & strode to our city's new multi million dollar voting machines & clumsily navigated the pages, then legally hit submit ballot. Easy peasy, I don't care what George Soros says.

^^^^ That.

One good pleasure of being an Independent - The outcome of any election is not the end of the world.

Theses tides ebb and flow. For whatever reason, the victors take these events as some sort of endorsement of their egos, rather than what they usually are - the rejection of the existing agenda. It has happened every decade of my life. Bill and Hill got drunk on their wave of power. Then GW and his pals did the same. Obama and Reid somehow thought they knew what was best for everyone and they now face the same fate.

Short of Thomas Jefferson's call for an occasional revolution, house cleanings are probably a good thing. Neither side is exempt from the folly a victory instills in their already inflated egos. And neither side really cares much about solving problems Americans find important. By Monday, the extension of bipartisanship will be stale as last winter's dog turd, and it will be back to playing the game of politics; worrying about the team, rather than the American public.

I lose no sleep over these things. I have structured my life such that the impact the Government has on my ability to survive is very negligible. I hope to keep it that way.

I don't care about dope smokers, gay marriage, or the other issues they use to occupy themselves with and use as reasons to not address the most critical issue of the day - our financial mess. I don't have too much worry about getting killed by ISIS or contracting Ebola. I don't think guns spontaneously jump out of safes and randomly start killing people. My mom was 16 when she got pregnant with me, so if abortion was a popular mechanism in 1964, I wouldn't be here writing this today. But, given the courts have ruled on the legality/illegality, I don't wast my time on that issue, either.

I really don't care who is in control. I only care what they do/don't do as it relates to issues most important to me; the future for my son and his generation, hunting, fishing, conservation, and public land access for those hunters whose only opportunity is the public estate.

Whatever the outcome, those who overplay their hand, as Obama has, as GW and his pals did, as Bill and Hillary did, as .......; they will eventually see themselves sized for an asshat. And given the gloating and boasting last night, I fully expect the tide to carry the drunkenness of power to the new victors, where in two, four, or six years, the tide will go the other direction and the new power brokers will get drunk on the same, overplaying their hand and keeping the cycle going.

Politics seems to be a new "industry" in this country. Given that, I suspect the industry insiders will be rolling out their 2016 Presidential "business plans" by end of business today.

I just hope everyone voted. If a one did not vote, not sure what place that person has in complaining. When issues of importance arise nationally or locally, we are all better off if you act according to your beliefs and principles, whether your beliefs and principles agree with others, or not.

Take a deep breath, everyone; and do as the song says .....

Blow up your TV
Throw away the papers
Go to the country
Build you a home ......

Plant a little garden
Eat a lot of peaches
Try and find Jesus, on your own..........

Not my words, but those of John Prine, as sang by John Denver. ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2KA1_7FVpc

And if your spouse won't let you "blow up the TV," at the least, cancel CNN and FOX. :p

And please, if you do nothing else this month, go hunting and post your story here. :D:D:D

here I am reading this and thinking to myself that this is exactly how and what I would say it if I could say what I say way better than I actually say it, even quoting John Prine, but then you go invoking John Denver!

Mr. Fin, John Denver is where we part company ;): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BofvfVPFbiM

Last edited:
Looks like the elections show that those in favor of state land take over won! Will the rank and file sportsman come out in support of public lands? If past history repeats itself it will be a sad day for the future of hunting as we know it.
:(

No dramatic hypebole there. So you have not trust in our Governor? Or you must believe hunters and sportsman/woman are single issue voters.

Would still be a neat trick that the Montana Legislature can force the Federal Government to hand over control of public lands to them.

There is about as much chance of that happening as Bigfin's worries about ebola and ISIS.

Maybe those who support the other side should run better candidates that appeal to sportsman/ women who vote.

The world isn't ending because Republicans hold the Montana Legislature.

Nemont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back