Football General Talk

49ers have a crazy talented roster and the most cap space in the league $56 million I think they plan on paying Purdy next year.
They are stacked this year, but next 3 yrs will get difficult as they go from most under the cap this year (due to Purdy being $50MM under market) to 4th worst next year even without paying Purdy. And it gets worse in '26 (again with $0 for Purdy at this moment). Choices will have to be made, so best they win it all this year.

They are stacked this year, but next 3 yrs will get difficult as they go from most under the cap this year (due to Purdy being $50MM under market) to 4th worst next year even without paying Purdy. And it gets worse in '26 (again with $0 for Purdy at this moment). Choices will have to be made, so best they win it all this year.
I keep thinking this also but cap spase doesn't seem to track into the future. With all of the restructuring and pushing into future years it's really hard to see if the bubble is going to burst.
We all had the same discussion on this thread last year. Everyone said the 49ers were going to be in so much trouble this year and it just didn't happen. Eventually it probably will.

he did look REALLY good. After the game I saw a interview and he said he knew Friday he was going be the starter. WHOOPS, Niners going to lose a draft pick or some serious cash
Mason didn't say he knew McCaffrey wasn't going to play.
I agree it's probably fishy but unless they admit that they knew McCaffrey wasn't a possibility it would be hard to fine them.

If the 49ers can continue to find the type of rookies that they have been then they can replace the big $ players when that time comes.

"probably fishy", is it hard to type, caught cheating again? NFL lets a lot of things slide by, but .01% chance they let this slide. They lied to Vegas, nobody lies to Vegas and gets away with it. His injury report went from probable to out, his coach is vehemently denying he told Mason he was going to start. Thats not fishy, it's cheating

Definitely seems like some of the players were told Friday that Mason was going to start.

"probably fishy", is it hard to type, caught cheating again? NFL lets a lot of things slide by, but .01% chance they let this slide. They lied to Vegas, nobody lies to Vegas and gets away with it. His injury report went from probable to out, his coach is vehemently denying he told Mason he was going to start. Thats not fishy, it's cheating
Maybe
How are you going to prove that their intention wasn't for Mason to start and McCaffrey also play limited snaps vs the Jets?
Were they playing the injury report? Maybe but how can you prove McCaffrey wasn't a late decision?
Do you really think that no backups ever think they are starting only to have the star player feel good and get the start at the last minute?
I'm glad they did the right thing by not letting an injured McCaffrey on the field.
Does it sound fishy? Yes time will tell if it's punishable

Maybe
How are you going to prove that their intention wasn't for Mason to start and McCaffrey also play limited snaps vs the Jets?
Were they playing the injury report? Maybe but how can you prove McCaffrey wasn't a late decision?
Do you really think that no backups ever think they are starting only to have the star player feel good and get the start at the last minute?
I'm glad they did the right thing by not letting an injured McCaffrey on the field.
Does it sound fishy? Yes time will tell if it's punishable

proof? mason was told he would be the starter on Friday. CMC was listed as probable on the injury report. If they knew he wasn't going to be the starter, his designation would be doubtful. I get playing the "edges" on rules, but they clearly stepped over the line. you can step on lines in the nfl, but when that line deals with Vegas, it's a no go.

proof? mason was told he would be the starter on Friday. CMC was listed as probable on the injury report. If they knew he wasn't going to be the starter, his designation would be doubtful. I get playing the "edges" on rules, but they clearly stepped over the line. you can step on lines in the nfl, but when that line deals with Vegas, it's a no go.
#@%$ Vegas...

You are cofusing "starting" with "playing".
The team could have expected McCaffrey to play but not to start.
For example- Jennings got the start over Bell. Bell still got 13 snaps. The team can expect non starters to play. It can also limit workload on star players.
Mason could start next week and McCaffrey could get 70% of the snaps in the 4th quarter.

You are cofusing "starting" with "playing".
The team could have expected McCaffrey to play but not to start.
For example- Jennings got the start over Bell. Bell still got 13 snaps. The team can expect non starters to play. It can also limit workload on star players.
Mason could start next week and McCaffrey could get 70% of the snaps in the 4th quarter.
I'm not confusing starting with playing, I'm talking about the injury report that SF lied on, which is tied to Vegas.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaic hunter 63
Back