Football General Talk

Tua just died again. Gotta have scrambled eggs for brains by now.
The NFL is brutal, and not saying he isn't tough cuz they all are tough at that level, but I have never seen an NFL player with the propensity to be knocked out and writhe around half-paralyzed on the field like him. He needs to retire or will end up worse than Muhammad Ali.

The NFL is brutal, and not saying he isn't tough cuz they all are tough at that level, but I have never seen an NFL player with the propensity to be knocked out and writhe around half-paralyzed on the field like him. He needs to retire or will end up worse than Muhammad Ali.
For sure. It’s violent. It’s why Andrew Luck tapped out when he did. You gotta be tougher than hell to play.

Chris Chandler has entered the chat...........not sure what he is up to today, but would not be surprised if he is sitting in a dark corner in a basement drooling on himself.

Dude needs to retire. Not only is he prone to concussions, but he apparently isn't smart enough to protect his head as much as he can. He already had the first down on that play but instead of sliding he barrels head first into the DB????

So, all you Purdy skeptics, what do you think of him today? I haven't watched every play, but what I have seen has been pretty darn good accuracy, plenty of velocity, and less dink and dunk plays that seem to predominate these days.

Not quite sure why the Vikings are leading, but I'll take it. I won't bet on them holding on, however.

@BrentD and @VikingsGuy Vikings going to the super bowl? Or is this just normal to get your hopes up before they choke?

Not a chance. Just a tease.

But I'm hoping I'm wrong. They didn't look too bad today, but there were stretches where the 9ers owned them. It was a strange game on strange day where Detroit lost, Dallas got crushed, and a few other anomalies, and it isn't even 1530 yet.

Not a chance. Just a tease.

But I'm hoping I'm wrong. They didn't look too bad today, but there were stretches where the 9ers owned them. It was a strange game on strange day where Detroit lost, Dallas got crushed, and a few other anomalies, and it isn't even 1530 yet.
Wow. Sensible. It ain't easy Brent. mtmuley

Apparently the Vikings missed the memo that this was their year to tank. Their roster is variously dead people, lost to free agency, and a stack of star player injuries. Rebuild year, through and through. With their injury list in May and the rookie CB alive, I still thought they were looking at a 6-11 season. I’ll now give them 9-8 by January.

Looking more and more like O’Connell can elevate QB play. Cousins, there was a little room to grow. Darnold younger and might have more potential. Vikings elite receiving corps for 6 seasons made Cousins look better than he really is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back