Advertisement

Football General Talk

I am a Purdy skeptic, but as Dak noted in an interview today, it is just a salary escalator, the next successful QB up for a contract gets the "biggest" ever contract - its timing, not validation as the #1. Purdy is next up and SF has no viable option (like Dallas) so he will get a crazy contract.
No McCaffery tonite. Time to start earning that next big contract. mtmuley

Dak got $55MM/yr for going 2-5 in the playoffs, never sniffed a NFC title game or Super Bowl and is 0-1 in the playoffs against Purdy. How much more should Purdy get for going 3-1 , making it to two NFC championship games and one Super Bowl? Asking for a friend.

Dak got $55MM/yr for going 2-5 in the playoffs, never sniffed a NFC title game or Super Bowl and is 0-1 in the playoffs against Purdy. How much more should Purdy get for going 3-1 , making it to two NFC championship games and one Super Bowl? Asking for a friend.
C'mon. Say it. mtmuley

C'mon. Say it. mtmuley
Neither Dak or Purdy are in the same tier as Mahomes and Allen and so I don't think either should be paid more than those two game changers. It is weird that in the NFL pay does not always correlate with actually value due to changes in league revenue in the year a contract comes up, the seemingly endless salary inflation, the mandatory rookie wage scale, and variances in team desperation. If the goal is to win Super Bowls, QBs that perform in the 6-15 range while getting paid in the 1-5 range is a lousy strategy (as the Vikes recently learned by dismantling the #1 defense to fund giving top dollar the 12th best QB for 5 years). Both Dallas and SF are at the end of their "window" and this year may be their last hurrah for a while, they best make the most of it.

Neither Dak or Purdy are in the same tier as Mahomes and Allen and so I don't think either should be paid more than those two game changers. It is weird that in the NFL pay does not always correlate with actually value due to changes in league revenue in the year a contract comes up, the seemingly endless salary inflation, the mandatory rookie wage scale, and variances in team desperation. If the goal is to win Super Bowls, QBs that perform in the 6-15 range while getting paid in the 1-5 range is a lousy strategy (as the Vikes recently learned by dismantling the #1 defense to fund giving top dollar the 12th best QB for 5 years). Both Dallas and SF are at the end of their "window" and this year may be their last hurrah for a while, they best make the most of it.
Yep. See DeShawn Watson. Maybe Purdy won't seek the next best maximum. If he balls out this year I bet he does. mtmuley

Well, relatively speaking, easily 2x as much. Jerry would drop Dak like a hot potato for Purdy. But no team can afford 2x Dak, and I suspect Purdy is smart enough to go with less than 1x Dak with some assurances of where the extra money might go.

Purdy plays like this all season, he might crack the top. Where are the two resident Niner fans? mtmuley

His O line sucks.
Purdy plays like this all season, he might crack the top. Where are the two resident Niner fans? mtmuley
Already talk Purdy may be the next highest annually paid QB. 9ers have 50mil marked and know the 3.7mil 4 year (2022) is a no bueno move to keep from another paying out his contract and off he goes to... Personally, I think Purdy holds the potential as a true "Joe Cool" candidate. He's composed, not as boisterous as Mahomes (Mahomes is flipping good!), and his team has faith in him.

His throw to the corner endzone was ON THE $! Ayuk is typically one to haul that one in. 9ers has the O line, RB and WR, along with the D. They are the full package. Much like the Chiefs. Mahomes pulls magic from no where with some incredible playmakers, no doubt though Purdy is riding good if he stays with this team, IMO.

Purdy is a low key, Montana, in my book.

Last edited:
While we watch the 9ers pick up where they left off last season, I have what I think is an interesting question to ponder.

How many teams are using AI to call their plays (is it even legal?) ?

How many will be using it by the end of the season?

AI seems to be an ideal way to put together game plans, but also realtime on the field play calling.

Mason is a beast. Aiyuk should be contemplating a cold night in the dog house if he drops another.

49ers have a crazy talented roster and the most cap space in the league $56 million I think they plan on paying Purdy next year.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaic hunter 63
Back