Football General Talk

As for Love, no player has been paid so much for such a small body of work - it’s crazy. 7 good games and he gets $55M a year. No one is even close.

For sure, definitely some anxiety over it as a Packer fan. But I think they did what they had to do with the situation they were in.

*The one comparable situation that stands out in my mind, at it gives me heartburn to even think about. Matt Flynn played one good game. Threw 6TDs, and Seattle signed him to a stupid amount of money (for Matt Flynn. It wasn’t in the same universe as $200m, but still…). I’m not sure he ever started a game for them.

Last edited:
For sure, definitely some anxiety over it as a Packer fan. But I think they did what they had to do with the situation they were in.

*The one comparable situation that stands out in my mind, at it gives me heartburn to even think about. Matt Flynn played one good game. Threw 6TDs, and Seattle signed him to a stupid amount of money (for Matt Flynn. It wasn’t in the same universe as $200m, but still…). I’m not sure he ever started a game for them.
The "value" of players sure has benefitted some that weren't worthy of "value". mtmuley

Scott Mitchell did something similar. And then there is Garroppalo in a similar zip code. But like you said, a lot less $$.

But I agree Pack had little choice - somebody would have (over)paid him next year and they had no plan B.

Last edited:
Exactly. The market is ramping up. mtmuley
We are fast approaching the Reganesque strategy of football - make the other guy spend himself into oblivion, while carefully managing a sane (with caveats to the definition of sanity, ala' Regan) fiscal policy that allows you to effectively overwhelm your opposition with a well balanced, sustainable portfolio of fiscal responsibilities.

One more beer should do it, and I'll solve every problem known to mankind. :)

We are fast approaching the Reganesque strategy of football - make the other guy spend himself into oblivion, while carefully managing a sane (with caveats to the definition of sanity, ala' Regan) fiscal policy that allows you to effectively overwhelm your opposition with a well balanced, sustainable portfolio of fiscal responsibilities.

One more beer should do it, and I'll solve every problem known to mankind. :)
If the arms race had a salary cap, the commies would still be in place . . . .

I would say that at this point, none of them are until they win a ring. In my opinion, Joe Burrow is the best QB on that list at this point in time.
The salary cap is way too high to save the commies. Effectively, it does not matter. But more importantly, the race is not in the total budget but rather the % that ones put into QB, hence my allusion to "balance". Gotta find that beer right quick.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back