Companies out of their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a preface, I love Montana knife company & GMC.

Today I got an email from them for a pairing kitchen knife… $350!!!

A few days ago I went to look at new trucks… 2024 GMC SIERRA AT4x HD… $92k!!

What the heck are companies thinking outrageous prices like this?
Bidenomics but don't worry this inflation is transitory

supply and demand. Ram is choking on inventory. Tesla has 50,000 sitting new in the U.S. and they cant give them away. In 12 mos. you will see big discounts.

The second I find rust on my 2018, I'm finding something newer without rust. I strongly dislike rust. I hate the cost of new vehicles, but 3-4 year old trucks usually have any kinks worked out of them and are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than a new one.

I wish MN wouldn't use salt and that brine. That shit is brutal on vehicles. I wash my truck 2-3 times a week in the winter. I'm really hoping I can keep the rust away.
I have the same hatred for rust! I lived in Indiana when I first bought the truck (less salt than MI) and I bought one of those monthly carwash passes. I washed this truck EVERY day. When I moved back to the mitten 7 years ago I found the only carwash with a monthly membership and got it again. Been washing it everyday since. The truck is 12 model years old and I just started seeing visible rust through the paint and missing paint around the fenders in the last 2 years. The tailgate rusted all the way through in the last 6 months. So it's been worth it for the carwash membership to keep the rust away. But rust never sleeps ;). When ever I see a silverado on the road in MI of my vintage it's ALWAYS in worse condition, rust wise. So i'm glad I kept up on it so well. But there is no escaping it around the great lakes states.

I bought my '13 Silverado used in '16. Been paid off for 4 years now. It is SUPER nice not having a payment. But, the rustbelt is starting to wear on it and I, also, looked at the new HD at4x and turned back around. I put a new engine in my current truck 4 years ago and a new transmission 2 years ago. At 90k for a new truck I'll keep putting engines and transmissions in the one i've got until the frame rusts through.
How many miles did you put on that, having to replace both the engine and transmission on a truck less than 10 years old (at the time)?

Also, FluidFilm is your rust proofing friend over in them parts!

Yes, trump will fix this shitstorm
From prison? Or exile? I vote for world leadership, the constitution, law and order. I oppose insurrection, tax fraud, "finding votes." grabbing p***y, brolove to despots, opposition to established health and science for political gain, profiteering in office, disregard for public land, cheating @ golf and everything else, convicted felons holding elected office. Above all I oppose anyone seeking the presidency so one can pardon oneself, the republic be damned.

Last edited:
Starting to see new trucks sitting on the dealership lots and I don't see lots of them out on the road. The wife is driving a '17 and I'm driving a '19, we'd usually be thinking about trading up her ride at this point, but with prices where they are, I've got no plans of making any purchase soon. Only guy at the plant that bought a new truck in the last year went all in on a '24 Raptor, but he's close to retirement and I think that was his retirement gift to himself.

people so willing and wanting to spend money today its just become a part of society. I spoke to a young guy a few weeks ago in a private message and he was putting off going hunting until he could buy better gear???? or more gear! OMG! crazy

Consumerism cuts both ways…..on one hand it drives our economy, which provides for most livelihoods. However, higher volumes of consumer spending on high priced depreciating retail goods decreases the net wealth of average Americans.

Ha! You expect the election to change the trajectory of inflation and the working person’s loss of purchasing power? I’d say Great Depression, WWIII, some other unimaginable human catastrophe.
It did last time he was pres.
Nobody to blame but the current administration.

Dementia Joe printed 5 trillion, the 'recovery act", which was a green energy boondogle was the killer. I.e., they spent 8 bill. To make 8 charging stations.
College loan "forgiveness", soaring interest rates, out of control inflation, military aged illegals from communist countries crossing our borders by the thousands and other illegal crossing by the millions.
Yup... "Build Back Better" is working just fine.

From prison? Or exile? I vote for world leadership, the constitution, law and order. I oppose insurrection, tax fraud, "finding votes." grabbing p***y, brolove to despots, opposition to established health and science for political gain, profiteering in office, disregard for public land, cheating @ golf and everything else, convicted felons holding elected office. Above all I oppose anyone seeking the presidency so one can pardon oneself, the republic be damned.
You must have the "Joe Dimentia"...

Lucky us. We get to pick between the guy that printed all that Covid money or the other guy that printed all that other Covid money.

Stop it.
When you start injecting common sense into a conversation it ruins conspiracy theories and political tunnel vision.

South Park's Giant Douch vs Turd Sandwich analogy has never been more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdtex7
Back