MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO Mountain Lion Ballot Initiative: Continuous Updates

Subscribed. Willing to help anyway I can from Idaho.
The wolf measure was not only supported by the front range. It was also supported in Durango, Aspen, Vail, and other areas. Big Fin is right this is a very serious threat to all out door activities. If the anti-groups are as radical as it appears they are..they will be dictating policy on a very wide number of issues. To me this is a referendum on how far the radicals can push their agenda.

The wolf measure was not only supported by the front range. It was also supported in Durango, Aspen, Vail, and other areas. Big Fin is right this is a very serious threat to all out door activities. If the anti-groups are as radical as it appears they are..they will be dictating policy on a very wide number of issues. To me this is a referendum on how far the radicals can push their agenda.
To me this is democracy at work. Inform the voter on your position and let them decide at the ballot box. At some point hunters will stop being butt-hurt every time this happens and start taking notes on how to organize a message and communicate their view with others.

Last edited:
Not VAIL, Eagle county did not vote for wuffs. Look it up

Denver Post ran a story about it. Mentioned California, saying numbers are stable after the ban. Failed to mention the state kills more cats now than hunters ever did in the past.

Anyone know how to contact them in a way they might read it?

Yeah i think we have this. Listened to a ton of talks and podcasts on the issues and it seems like we have one hell of a team leading it.

Yeah i think we have this. Listened to a ton of talks and podcasts on the issues and it seems like we have one hell of a team leading it.

Complacency breeds failure. It's great there's a solid team, but they need people to help them lift it up. Grassroots efforts with effective leadership usually carries a lot more weight than a brilliant strategy w/o support.

Every time you think it's won, remember that there are more people looking at ways to steal that victory before you ever get a chance to pop the cork on the Prosecco.

Cats and pics of cats in relation to house cats are more effective on city slickers than domestic dogs and wolves, IMO.

Shell out the $. This isn't a Colorado "thing". This needs hunters nationally supporting the opposition to enviro-extreme, city slicker ballot box biology.

If anyone starts to create signage or handouts around this now that it has a number, please post that here so we can start promoting and distributing.

I've seen brochures at my little local gas station, and that's the only place I've seen any stuff like that...

California Mountain Lion Fatal and Nonfatal Human Attacks

Notice how many mountain lion attacks on humans have occurred since 1990 when lion hunting was banned!

Note how many children have been attacked! All of fatal attacks have even been older full-grown humans. 50/50 of the fatal attacks have been woman/men. You may notice that in recent years a higher % of attacks have been children.

DateTypeAttack LocationCountyVictim SexVictim Age
March 1986NonfatalCaspers Wilderness ParkOrangeFemale5 yrs.
Oct. 1986NonfatalCaspers Wilderness ParkOrangeMale6 yrs.
March 1992NonfatalGaviota State ParkSanta BarbaraMale9 yrs.
Sept. 1993NonfatalCuyamaca State ParkSan DiegoFemale10 yrs.
Apr. 1994FatalAuburn State Recreation AreaEl DoradoFemale40 yrs.
Aug. 1994NonfatalMendocino County (remote)MendocinoMale48 yrs.
NonfatalFemale48 yrs.
Dec. 1994FatalCuyamaca State ParkSan DiegoFemale56 yrs.
Mar. 1995NonfatalMt. Lowe (San Gabriel Mtns.)Los AngelesMale27 yrs.
Jan. 2004FatalWhiting Ranch Regional ParkOrangeMale35 yrs.
Jan. 2004NonfatalWhiting Ranch Regional ParkOrangeFemale30 yrs.
June 2004NonfatalSequoia National ForestTulareFemale28 yrs.
Jan. 2007NonfatalPrairie Creek Redwoods State ParkHumboldtMale70 yrs.
Jul. 2012NonfatalConfluence of Shady Creek and Yuba RiverNevadaMale63 yrs.
Sept. 2014NonfatalCupertinoSanta ClaraMale6 yrs.
May 2019NonfatalLos Peñasquitos Canyon PreserveSan DiegoMale4 yrs.
January 2020NonfatalWhiting Ranch Wilderness ParkOrangeMale3 yrs.
February 2020NonfatalRancho San Antonio County ParkSanta ClaraFemale6 yrs.
June 2020NonfatalBlue Sky Ecological ReserveSan DiegoMale4 yrs.
August 2021NonfatalCalabasas (Santa Monica Mtns.)Los AngelesMale5 yrs.
May 2022NonfatalBig Bar (Trinity River)TrinityFemale24 yrs.
Sept. 2022NonfatalPico Canyon ParkLos AngelesMale7 yrs.
February 2023NonfatalHalf Moon BaySan MateoMale5 yrs.
Mar. 2024NonfatalEl Dorado County (Remote)El DoradoMale18 yrs
Mar. 2024FatalEl Dorado County (Remote)El DoradoMale21 yrs
Sept. 2024NonfatalMalibu Creek State ParkLos AngelesMale5 yrs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back