Yeti GOBOX Collection

Clue wife is ready for me to leave

I do this also but the tortilla shells get mushy on me. mtmuley
She actually makes up about 30-40 of them at a time. Xtra large flour tortillas and wrap them tight. They don’t go mushy with flour or at least the brand she uses. She’ll freeze them and we can eat whenever. Sometimes switching out sausage for bacon. So big hard to even eat a whole one.

She actually makes up about 30-40 of them at a time. Xtra large flour tortillas and wrap them tight. They don’t go mushy with flour or at least the brand she uses. She’ll freeze them and we can eat whenever. Sometimes switching out sausage for bacon. So big hard to even eat a whole one.
Dave elk camp 2025?

I cook and then let all the ingredients cool before assembling/freezing. That fixed sogginess/mushiness for me.

Most I think I’ve ever made at once is 20, and it was hard work! Kudos to your wife, @belshawelk
yep she does the same. Everything cools before making. I kept getting yelled at for eating the cooked stuff sitting in the bowels. That must be an important step.

Last edited:
Just simply removing the salsa was the key for us. Not much you can do to help tomatoes from turning to a watery mess once they are froze and then thawed.
She doesn't put the salsa in them when making. Sends it with me. I like super hot and my buddy is a ... well lets just say not so fond of hot stuff. BUT, I have found at times it is better not to go over the top hot when out in the woods all day if you know what I mean

Last edited:
SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCBLLC
Back