MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Brad Molner - Elect The MT Fish and Game Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilk's Brothers feel the same way right now. How you gonna compete with independent expenditures funded by billionaires on Commissioners that are all about god, guns and glory?
This has nothing to do with guns god or glory, it’s wildlife management. It isn’t hard to see some of the stuff that needs to be fixed. We are trying to eradicate mule deer on public, we push every accessible elk on to private with our season structure. These are easy fixes and I suspect if they were proposed you would fight like hell to keep them the same. That is what I have seen my whole life. Time for a change.

We are trying to eradicate mule deer on public, we push every accessible elk on to private with our season structure. These are easy fixes
#1 You obviously have not been in the trenches dealing with FWP for very long. If ts so easy grab it up and get it done.
I suspect if they were proposed you would fight like hell to keep them the same.
#2 Apparently you don't know Ben and what he has done.

#1 You obviously have not been in the trenches dealing with FWP for very long.

#2 Apparently you don't know Ben and what he has done.
Educate me. This is what I have seen. Nobody wants any opportunities at all cut and belly ache when talked about. I think you helped with the bitterroot mule deer changes? That was one hell of an accomplishment. I have not been involved any more than locally with the miles city office. It feels hopeless. I support electing commissioners.

Educate me. This is what I have seen. Nobody wants any opportunities at all cut and belly ache when talked about. I think you helped with the bitterroot mule deer changes? That was one hell of an accomplishment. I have not been involved any more than locally with the miles city office. It feels hopeless. I support electing commissioners.

Sign up with the local Rod & Gun Club, MT Wildlife Federation, MT Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, etc and get in the fight. They'd love to have you!

MTElk.org is another good place to start. There are a lot of ways to get involved!

I don’t mind the idea of today’s Montana electing the commission. Montana 50 years from now electing it, not so much

"we can win by attrition!" That literally never happens. ;)
Isn't that effectively what we've been fighting against? The efforts to privatize wildlife have gained footholds specifically because they keep coming. Sportsmen, can shoot them down, and yet they keep coming. Attrition absolutely works.

But yes, the wilks will cut however many checks that they need to. However, that's the case under either your preferred alternative or elected commissioners.

Ben, you've yet to convince me, and from what I'm reading in this thread, failed to convince several others as well. I'm less interested in MT as I am about the implications for WA, where I see elections being the only solution I can see.

I don’t mind the idea of today’s Montana electing the commission. Montana 50 years from now electing it, not so much
But if you structure it by region and not population then it'll always trend more rural. Far more so that who lives in the governor's mansion.

I agree in perfect Montana but today's Montana elect the likes of Greg, Stapleton, Downing, Rosendale, Manzella, Fielder etc,,,,,,

I guess I don't have much faith in Montana voters.

It’s not understand why Montana voted so red when you look at the blue policies. I don’t want dudes in my daughter bathroom. Makes it tough and elections have consequences.
Spot on democratic policies are hard to vote for. Would love to see a moderate from either side. Which is why electing commissioners is a fine idea.

It’s not understand why Montana voted so red when you look at the blue policies. I don’t want dudes in my daughter bathroom. Makes it tough and elections have consequences.
You are being really ignorant. More Republican politians have harmed women in bathrooms than transgenered people.

A transgendered women is not a "dude".

This is why we shouldn't elect wildlife commissioners. People do not understand or believe in science and it takes science to manage wildlife.

Last edited:
Spot on democratic policies are hard to vote for. Would love to see a moderate from either side. Which is why electing commissioners is a fine idea.
So if Montana votes right to extreme right in most all elections, how will we get a moderate commission?

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Montana votes right to extreme right in most all elections, how will we get a moderate commission?
I could look at their views and make an educated decision. As of now I have no input besides voting for the governor and being at the mercy of who he picks. Montana had a democratic governor for many years. Did things get better for wildlife?

I think people would vote for a bit more sensible commission. People didn’t elect the extreme right people for their wildlife policies. Taxes, regulations, social issues are what those elections are about.

National topics such as chicks with dicks and CRT seem to taint Montana elections, but I think it would be a little harder to work those topics into a debate about who is qualified to be on the commission. Maybe not though

I think people would vote for a bit more sensible commission. People didn’t elect the extreme right people for their wildlife policies. Taxes, regulations, social issues are what those elections are about.

National topics such as chicks with dicks and CRT seem to taint Montana elections, but I think it would be a little harder to work those topics into a debate about who is qualified to be on the commission. Maybe not though
Exactly

Maybe but watching MT continue to elect the Fielder/Rosendale types when there is clearly more qualified candidates make me real nervous.

Maybe I am jaded living in a county that nick named Manzella the "Donald Trump of Ravalli County". No shit that really happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back