PEAX Equipment

Brad Molner - Elect The MT Fish and Game Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT had a Director appointed by the Commission (rather than the Gov) at one time, but a bi-partisan effort to take powers from the Commission succeeded in the 1980s. We previously had a Director hired and fired by the Commission, not the Governor. We previously had autonomy of the Commission to implement many policies that now require legislative approval.

I know this is a likely pipe dream to demand a Governor or Legislature (controlled by either side) to give up powers they currently have. But, changing how our Director is hired/fired, who they are accountable to, and where policy is vested wouldn't require changing the state Constitution. Not sure if that would improve our current status, but there was a time when our wildlife policy was not held so tightly in the grasp of the politicians.

No need to elect Commissioners. No need to change the Constitution. Surely not perfect and likely impractical but maybe it could be an improvement.

Isn't that effectively what we've been fighting against? The efforts to privatize wildlife have gained footholds specifically because they keep coming. Sportsmen, can shoot them down, and yet they keep coming. Attrition absolutely works.

I'd say the privatizers disagree with you.

Especially after what happened during season setting.

MT had a Director appointed by the Commission (rather than the Gov) at one time, but a bi-partisan effort to take powers from the Commission succeeded in the 1980s. We previously had a Director hired and fired by the Commission, not the Governor. We previously had autonomy of the Commission to implement many policies that now require legislative approval.

I know this is a likely pipe dream to demand a Governor or Legislature (controlled by either side) to give up powers they currently have. But, changing how our Director is hired/fired, who they are accountable to, and where policy is vested wouldn't require changing the state Constitution. Not sure if that would improve our current status, but there was a time when our wildlife policy was not held so tightly in the grasp of the politicians.

No need to elect Commissioners. No need to change the Constitution. Surely not perfect and likely impractical but maybe it could be an improvement.

Newberg for Governor.

Yeah, you think that's real funny. Why not see what the medical professionals say? There are tons of medical conditions that can make gender ambigious... ohh sorry is that too big of a word for you and your ignorance?

Wait until its your child or grand child or niece or nephew.

Transgenered people are the most victimized and marginalized people in our society.

Yeah, you think that's real funny. Why not see what the medical professionals say? There are tons of medical conditions that can make gender ambigious... ohh sorry is that too big of a word for you and your ignorance?

Wait until its your child or grand child or niece or nephew.

Transgenered people are the most victimized and marginalized people in our society.
Let’s keep this on track. I brought up a bad example I shouldn’t have. I am enjoying the discussion about electing commissioners.

I don’t think electing commissioners will ever happen. But if it were I think it could work. I’ve compared it to the Public Service Commission. That worked until people lost the institutional knowledge about why having qualified people on the PSC was important, now it’s a nursing home for termed out career politicians.

I don’t think, or maybe im just being naive, that people would become apathetic in Montana about wildlife policies.

So in summary, I think it would work, but I don’t think it will ever happen.

Last edited:
Really? I seem to recall the general sentiment was more "not as bad as it could have been" not "wow this is great!"
Montana constantly is let’s fight to keep things shitty. Never ever let’s make things better.

Let’s keep this on track. I brought up a bad example I shouldn’t have. I am enjoying the discussion about electing commissioners.
Well as soon as everyone who posted slurs in this thread deletes them you can have your conversation back.

If its ok for ignorant old white men to make bigoted slurs its ok for me to call them out on it. There are more than just yours.

Yeah it really doesn't make a lot of sense why people in this thread are so worried about what is or isn't in the pants of complete strangers, huh?

I mean, how does anyone ever really know? I avoid looking at peoples genitals unless I'm having sex with them.
Move on. Agree to disagree. Stop derailing.

My whole point is Republican vs Democrat should have nothing to do with wildlife management. I just don’t articulate very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back