Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

40 years ago......looking south towards Bozeman. Solid housing developments now.

My family moved there from Miles City in the mid 60's. It was an amazing place to grow up. I left there in 1994 for Eastern Montana.

It was the best thing I ever did....View attachment 336617
You can't find a deer like that in this exact location anymore. It's really sad.

Oh yeah ... gotta have a black lab displayed on passenger seat, fly rod in a rod case on roof of 4wd compact SUV with snorkel, shiny never deployed orange traction boards, gas cans and water cans attached, spanking new high lift jack, roof off, hair held under flatbrim bro cap, speeding 70 mph on Huffine, headed to Gallatin Canyon to flyfish, Starbucks in hand ... feeling the Bozone!

Oh yeah ... gotta have a black lab displayed on passenger seat, fly rod in a rod case on roof of 4wd compact SUV with snorkel, shiny never deployed orange traction boards, gas cans and water cans attached, spanking new high lift jack, roof off, hair held under flatbrim bro cap, speeding 70 mph on Huffine, headed to Gallatin Canyon to flyfish, Starbucks in hand ... feeling the Bozone!
It’s the cool thing to make fun of Bozeman now days and totally acceptable for the people who live here and have to deal with all the change the migrants bring in, but one can’t not find the better humor of a guy living next the the mall of America, or Billings, or Great Falls .. making fun of Bozeman.

1724242723029.gif

To add (edited: ) Bet he made science class one heck of a fun time for his students!
Lyons plays the role of a diehard member of an outdoor clique who reeks of insecurity and braggadocio. His videos highlight the absurdity of hardcore, jargon-spitting enthusiasts—yup, people like me.

Lyons has half a million fans on Instagram and another 250,000 on TikTok. Last year he was able to step away from his day job as a middle-school science teacher to create content full-time. Lyons jokes about core athletes because he is one: he’s thru-hiked the Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trails (his trail name is “Schmutz”), and spends his free time climbing and skiing.

1724244130359.png

Ease up there Kurt... He is an avid outdoorsman who's right up your alley for humor. You can sure shovel it... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I can’t stand Bozeman! Don’t get me started on the collage girls, yoga pants, blondes, brunette, fitness babes, hot moms, blondes, babes running to the m, cut off jeans, knee high boots, spring dresses, summer dresses, yoga pants…that cute bar tender that knows your beer, blue jeans, red heads, jet black curls, cowgirl hats, chai, dreadlocks, overalls, girls riding bikes, modern swim wear, fly fishing babes, hunting babes, that one barista that knows you drink

Last edited:
I can’t stand Bozeman! Don’t get me started on the collage girls, yoga pants, blondes, brunette, fitness babes, hot moms, blondes, babes running to the m, cut off jeans, knee high boots, spring dresses, summer dresses, yoga pants…that cute bar tender that knows your beer, blue jeans, red heads, jet black curls, cowgirl hats, chai, dreadlocks, overalls, girls riding bikes, modern swim wear, fly fishing babes, hunting babes, that one barista that knows you drink

Sounds like a lot of people to deal with. Pass

You can't enjoy a famous delicious Pickle Barrel sandwich or a Bozone in the taproom or meet some of the very interesting and wonderful Bozemanites from a distant overly critical eyeball-driveby on I-90! 'Just sayin'.
Pickle barrel? Is that old place still there on college street? Used to get a good sandwich in the 80s in that place

Went over the hill today to stop into a true Bozeman gem: Rook's. Picked up some paints and a box of Warhammer models.

Bozeman is great. Maybe not the greatest, but - my goodness! - all the negativity somehow ignores that it is better than at least 80% of the other places one might find themselves.

As for the traffic, why is it that I have to stop at every single light as it turns red OR every single is green and I fly thru with seemingly no in-between? That aside, any comparison to the sheer mass of motorized humanity encircling any major city is utterly ridiculous.

I think the real problem with Bozeman is Huffine. I’ve never seen a 4 lane road where so many slow drivers are in the left lane waiting for a turn 10 miles down the road. I swear people leave downtown and get in the left lane, driving 10 mph below the speed limit, and stay in that lane all the way until they turn south at 4 corners.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eagleeye2024
Back