MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Big ol Burban?

FB Marketplace is a good tool when shopping for deals.
I disagree.

My ol burb is dying of rust cancer.

I been trying to find one to replace it.

The hipsters have destroyed that market.

I just want a plain jane truck to go hunting, and fishing in.

I disagree.

I looked for a couple years before I found one in NM. They are out there you just have to dig for them.

I disagree.

Look for a 1988 to 1998 Chevy/GMC. Great trucks. Reliable, cheap parts and nice looking. My 1988 GMC was the best truck I ever had. (Well, except for the 1971 I had) 387,000 great miles. mtmuley

I used a 94 GMC 2500 for a work pickup for 2 summers. 5.7 and a 5 speed manual. I loved that thing. A little bit gutless on heavier trailers, but it was a tank, and I bounced it down a lot of central Montana 2 tracks. If I found the same truck in decent shape and had the money to burn I’d love to buy one and build it into what I want.

Look for a 1988 to 1998 Chevy/GMC. Great trucks. Reliable, cheap parts and nice looking. My 1988 GMC was the best truck I ever had. (Well, except for the 1971 I had) 387,000 great miles. mtmuley
@shb

There is a guy in Muskegon, MI that goes by Mike Anytime on FB Marketplace. He runs a scrapyard in California and buys every truck in that category he can. He has them shipped here to be sold or dismantled.

He has a 1998 there now that is about the same shape as mine. Interior is rougher but absolutely zero rust. It has a pile of miles on it and leaked everywhere. But for someone wanting to do what I am doing it is a great start.

I used a 94 GMC 2500 for a work pickup for 2 summers. 5.7 and a 5 speed manual. I loved that thing. A little bit gutless on heavier trailers, but it was a tank, and I bounced it down a lot of central Montana 2 tracks. If I found the same truck in decent shape and had the money to burn I’d love to buy one and build it into what I want.
Love my 94
IMG_3172.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg

Spent the morning painting the frame where the gas tank goes. After that tried getting the front put back together. Only made it about half way before I have to head for kids doctor appointments. The sheer amount of tools it takes to do front end work is impressive. Poor Chinese stud puller didn’t survive, for $8 bucks it’s not the end of the world.
IMG_3427.jpegIMG_3428.jpegIMG_3429.jpeg

Spend the day on it. Got the front end done with all the new parts. Just waiting on new calipers, I couldn’t get the new seals into the old ones. So for 43 dollars it was just easier buying reman AC Delco ones.

Got the gas tank reinstalled and that fixed my low gas pressure problem.

Opened up the rear brakes to find out what was leaking. It had new brakes just before I bought it by the looks of it. The only thing I see it needed was a new wheel seal and some serious degreasing. Took the hot pressure washer to it and got it all cleaned up. I was quite the mess afterwards, had to get changed in the garage before the wife would let me in. Lol

IMG_3439.jpegIMG_3443.jpegIMG_3442.jpeg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLS
Back