Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I will jump back in when the sp hits 4750. My guess is Oct. Until then I will take 5.2% in my mm acct. With dry powder.

still in the game but i have 19 etfs, and stocks i will jump on after the correction happens.

if may rolls around and I have profits I take at minimum cost basis off the table…

Sell in may and go away, some say
For over a year, economists and investors have been fearful that elevated interest rates and tight monetary policies could tip the U.S. economy into a recession. U.S. consumers seem healthy for now, but the Fed is reaching a critical point in its battle against inflation.

The next couple of months could determine whether the FOMC can navigate a so-called soft landing for the U.S. economy without tipping it into a recession.

The U.S. Treasury yield curve has been inverted since mid-2022, a historically strong recession indicator. The New York Fed’s recession probability model suggests there is still a 50% chance of a U.S. recession sometime within the next 12 months.
Forbes:

Also found this an interesting statistic from a CNN Business article:

“The total [of public companies] should have grown dramatically, not shrunk,” wrote Dimon in his annual shareholder letter earlier this spring.

The number of private companies in the US backed by private equity firms, meanwhile, has grown from 1,900 to 11,200 over the last two decades, according to JPMorgan data.

Dimon’s company, of course, makes a huge amount of money from taking companies public, so he’s not exactly an impartial observer. But Dimon said his concerns are broader than JPMorgan’s bottom line: If this trend continues, our understanding of the US economy could become hazier, he argued.

“This trend is serious,” warned Dimon on Monday. “We really need to consider: Is this the outcome we want?”

Forbes:

Also found this an interesting statistic from a CNN Business article:

Interesting article.It is a little hard to measure, but last time I did it about 5yrs ago there were pretty obvious new outflows out of stocks for almost a decade (yep, Boomers). That doesn't necessarily mean stocks go down, as is obvious with hindsight but was hard to explain at the time.

We are living in interesting times, which is good I guess. Bonds and oil are pricing in a significant slowdown, Equities at all-time highs (driven by a very few names) while central banks look to cut borrowing rates. Wall Street excels at selling stuff. On the institutional side it is/was private equity and now private debt. On the retail side it was Dot Com and now AI stocks and short-dated options. Buyer beware. Nvida CEO pushes the next gen chips before the current generation of chips even shipped. Great salesman, but if I was a customer I would a little annoyed. I invest with the view that good things happen to cheap assets, so energy stocks seem really attractive, but don't ask me how oil goes one direction and nat gas the other every day.

I agree with Dimon, this is a weird economy. Seems to be mostly based on getting peoples attention rather than providing useful products and services. It highlights the disconnect between the stock market and the economy.

AI certainly is a useful product and service. The insatiable demand for these chips is a very good problem to have, especially in an ever advancing tech. Nvda is almost like Amazon of the fang era, the Tesla of pre pandemic. Hard to tell when that rocket is gonna reach orbit and just float around. I’m waiting for a stock split, might be a good indicator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahosportsmensalliance
Back