Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I hope he starts another thread when he gets back. 10 pages of false summits (albeit stimulating inside-banter though) with only two posts from @wllm.

Can't wait to read the recap on this; my e-scouting for this fall just got a notch of boredom after anticipating the recap for this hunt.

Possible Suggestion:
Thread #1: Announcement
Thread #2: Hunt Recap with 1st Post including a direct link to this thread.

Can’t not post in one of the most hyped threads of the year. Nothing to add other than congrats and good luck @wllm Expecting the post to blend in with all the other drivel.

We headed out of Anchorage early Saturday morning, my buddy drove. He has a thinkin' man's hunting rig.
View attachment 235471

Plan was for 4 days max, another buddy tagged along but had to work Monday and therefore was only going to be able to hunt with us for a limited amount of time.
View attachment 235478
View attachment 235479

Saturday we hiked up the main valley and made camp about 3/4 of the way from the head. On the way up we didn't any caribou, though we saw a few bands of ewes and lambs.

After dropping our gear, we proceeded to the back head of the valley and got our first caribou sighting, a cow and calf.

(Sorry giphy crushes quality)

Shortly thereafter we saw a couple small rams
View attachment 235484

Per the video, the cow and calf circled below us on their flight, we ended up bumping them a couple more times on our way back to camp.

The third time we bumped them we stopped and watched them retreat for a while, in their exodus they picked up another group of 3 animals that seemed like the just teleported into the valley out of nowhere.

It was at this moment that an almost catastrophic event occurred, as I was standing up I heard a click click click sound...

this was followed by a glunk and whoosh..

WTF... oh god...

Luckily it was a short burst and the canister was facing my hip, but I managed to blast myself with some bear spray 🤦‍♂️.

I smelled slightly like cayenne for the rest of the trip lol.
best hunting rig I have ever seen!

We headed out of Anchorage early Saturday morning, my buddy drove. He has a thinkin' man's hunting rig.
View attachment 235471

Plan was for 4 days max, another buddy tagged along but had to work Monday and therefore was only going to be able to hunt with us for a limited amount of time.
View attachment 235478
View attachment 235479

Saturday we hiked up the main valley and made camp about 3/4 of the way from the head. On the way up we didn't any caribou, though we saw a few bands of ewes and lambs.

After dropping our gear, we proceeded to the back head of the valley and got our first caribou sighting, a cow and calf.

(Sorry giphy crushes quality)

Shortly thereafter we saw a couple small rams
View attachment 235484

Per the video, the cow and calf circled below us on their flight, we ended up bumping them a couple more times on our way back to camp.

The third time we bumped them we stopped and watched them retreat for a while, in their exodus they picked up another group of 3 animals that seemed like the just teleported into the valley out of nowhere.

It was at this moment that an almost catastrophic event occurred, as I was standing up I heard a click click click sound...

this was followed by a glunk and whoosh..

WTF... oh god...

Luckily it was a short burst and the canister was facing my hip, but I managed to blast myself with some bear spray 🤦‍♂️.

I smelled slightly like cayenne for the rest of the trip lol.

Damn, that could have been bad! Thank you for the stories, and glad you’re okay.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back