Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
I hope he starts another thread when he gets back. 10 pages of false summits (albeit stimulating inside-banter though) with only two posts from @wllm.

Can't wait to read the recap on this; my e-scouting for this fall just got a notch of boredom after anticipating the recap for this hunt.

Possible Suggestion:
Thread #1: Announcement
Thread #2: Hunt Recap with 1st Post including a direct link to this thread.

Can’t not post in one of the most hyped threads of the year. Nothing to add other than congrats and good luck @wllm Expecting the post to blend in with all the other drivel.

We headed out of Anchorage early Saturday morning, my buddy drove. He has a thinkin' man's hunting rig.
View attachment 235471

Plan was for 4 days max, another buddy tagged along but had to work Monday and therefore was only going to be able to hunt with us for a limited amount of time.
View attachment 235478
View attachment 235479

Saturday we hiked up the main valley and made camp about 3/4 of the way from the head. On the way up we didn't any caribou, though we saw a few bands of ewes and lambs.

After dropping our gear, we proceeded to the back head of the valley and got our first caribou sighting, a cow and calf.

(Sorry giphy crushes quality)

Shortly thereafter we saw a couple small rams
View attachment 235484

Per the video, the cow and calf circled below us on their flight, we ended up bumping them a couple more times on our way back to camp.

The third time we bumped them we stopped and watched them retreat for a while, in their exodus they picked up another group of 3 animals that seemed like the just teleported into the valley out of nowhere.

It was at this moment that an almost catastrophic event occurred, as I was standing up I heard a click click click sound...

this was followed by a glunk and whoosh..

WTF... oh god...

Luckily it was a short burst and the canister was facing my hip, but I managed to blast myself with some bear spray 🤦‍♂️.

I smelled slightly like cayenne for the rest of the trip lol.
best hunting rig I have ever seen!

We headed out of Anchorage early Saturday morning, my buddy drove. He has a thinkin' man's hunting rig.
View attachment 235471

Plan was for 4 days max, another buddy tagged along but had to work Monday and therefore was only going to be able to hunt with us for a limited amount of time.
View attachment 235478
View attachment 235479

Saturday we hiked up the main valley and made camp about 3/4 of the way from the head. On the way up we didn't any caribou, though we saw a few bands of ewes and lambs.

After dropping our gear, we proceeded to the back head of the valley and got our first caribou sighting, a cow and calf.

(Sorry giphy crushes quality)

Shortly thereafter we saw a couple small rams
View attachment 235484

Per the video, the cow and calf circled below us on their flight, we ended up bumping them a couple more times on our way back to camp.

The third time we bumped them we stopped and watched them retreat for a while, in their exodus they picked up another group of 3 animals that seemed like the just teleported into the valley out of nowhere.

It was at this moment that an almost catastrophic event occurred, as I was standing up I heard a click click click sound...

this was followed by a glunk and whoosh..

WTF... oh god...

Luckily it was a short burst and the canister was facing my hip, but I managed to blast myself with some bear spray 🤦‍♂️.

I smelled slightly like cayenne for the rest of the trip lol.

Damn, that could have been bad! Thank you for the stories, and glad you’re okay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back