MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2024 College Football šŸˆ Season starts tomorrowā€¦. Yee Yee

Tell that to FSU. :D. Note: I think it's way to early to make solid predictions.
That was a great game, with spectacular clouds too. Very tight for a first game.

Then watched SMU yesterday, which was a sloppy mess; penalties galore.

Best time of the year! Hunting seasons have started here. LLWS just concluded. Now I have football to watch on Thursday, Friday (high school), and Saturday. Got tickets to two Notre Dame football games this season, one being a night game against FSU. Lets go Irish!

That was a great game, with spectacular clouds too. Very tight for a first game.

Then watched SMU yesterday, which was a sloppy mess; penalties galore.
Most often youā€™ll see the biggest improvement in a teams play is between games 1 and 2 in a college season , because thereā€™s no pre-season like the NFL .

Which is why traditionally the majority of big schools schedule a D2 aka FCS school or non power 5 tier FBS school, out of the gate. But unless your a fan of a school no one want to see Oregon vs Idaho week 1 and next year Montana State is on the menu for my Oregon squad to start the 2025 season off. Back when I had season tickets I always sold those games to people who never get to go.

So Iā€™m happy we get to see a few Big School line up against each other in week one and two , gives us a more interesting game watch till we get into conference play. Big risk , big reward if ya win the big non conference battle in week one.

Plus mid level FCS schools need 6 wins to become bowl eligible, if you think your team is avg , a few wins against smaller division schools get your team closer to bowl eligibility, which is important for the coaching staff to have that extra month of bowl preparation practice for the underclassmen for the next season.

New coach for the Wyoming Cowboys and he has to be better than Bohl was.
We start the season at ASU, they've been practicing with the heat on indoors to get ready, and finish at Washington St.
BYU is coming to town and I hope we beat the snot out of them, and Boyzee St.

Go Pokes !!

New coach for the Wyoming Cowboys and he has to be better than Bohl was.
We start the season at ASU, they've been practicing with the heat on indoors to get ready, and finish at Washington St.
BYU is coming to town and I hope we beat the snot out of them, and Boyzee St.

Go Pokes !!
Bohl was a good coach...

Most often youā€™ll see the biggest improvement in a teams play is between games 1 and 2 in a college season , because thereā€™s no pre-season like the NFL .

Which is why traditionally the majority of big schools schedule a D2 aka FCS school or non power 5 tier FBS school, out of the gate. But unless your a fan of a school no one want to see Oregon vs Idaho week 1 and next year Montana State is on the menu for my Oregon squad to start the 2025 season off. Back when I had season tickets I always sold those games to people who never get to go.

So Iā€™m happy we get to see a few Big School line up against each other in week one and two , gives us a more interesting game watch till we get into conference play. Big risk , big reward if ya win the big non conference battle in week one.

Plus mid level FCS schools need 6 wins to become bowl eligible, if you think your team is avg , a few wins against smaller division schools get your team closer to bowl eligibility, which is important for the coaching staff to have that extra month of bowl preparation practice for the underclassmen for the next season.
True, but their play was, as I said sloppy. After a sloppy game (we had only one) our Coach said, all I can conclude is you boys aren't in shape, and I promise you that won't happen again. And it didn't. We'd start off with 3/4 mile run, rolling the field, wheel barrows, and then start practice. And then wind sprints after; 10-14 depending on how we performed. Only lost one game, in semis, with a school way bigger.

Makes a mark. And a good one. Be a winner.

We might need to re-name the thread. I've historically loved college football, but we all know it's officially pro football now...

Iā€™m an OSU fan through and through, but theyā€™ve certainly been at the forefront of mucking up college ball with big money. Hard to not feel some level of ick about the game anymore.

Iā€™m an OSU fan through and through, but theyā€™ve certainly been at the forefront of mucking up college ball with big money. Hard to not feel some level of ick about the game anymore.
And just to be clear, my comment wasn't a shot at OSU...all the big schools are doing it obviously. Like you, I'm starting to feel the ick factor too

And just to be clear, my comment wasn't a shot at OSU...all the big schools are doing it obviously. Like you, I'm starting to feel the ick factor too
Nah. I know it. Read a book eons ago about money in college ball and itā€™s been on this trajectory for a looong time. I forget the particulars, but OSU and the Big 10 were early leaders in making it whatā€™s its become.

Anyway, I digress from the original spirit and intent of the thread. I still (mostly) have fun watching college ball and will hopefully watching a $20m winning season this year.

For me I could care less about the money šŸ’°ā€¦.. to me , itā€™s still college ball and the same team Iā€™ve been watching for 30 some years , so now some of the kids get paid , big whoop because football destroys your body , and these kids most of them ainā€™t playing in the NFL , and some might only play a few years. So if they can put some money aside for a better life after football good for them. Any given play in football your life can change with a serious injury. And they risk that in college. And at the end of the day itā€™s still Highschool kids transitioning to becoming adults playing the game of football, and some are really freaking good and make the game exciting and more enjoyable than the NFL anyday . But thatā€™s just me.

For me I could care less about the money šŸ’°ā€¦.. to me , itā€™s still college ball and the same team Iā€™ve been watching for 30 some years , so now some of the kids get paid , big whoop because football destroys your body , and these kids most of them ainā€™t playing in the NFL , and some might only play a few years. So if they can put some money aside for a better life after football good for them. Any given play in football your life can change with a serious injury. And they risk that in college. And at the end of the day itā€™s still Highschool kids transitioning to becoming adults playing the game of football, and some are really freaking good and make the game exciting and more enjoyable than the NFL anyday . But thatā€™s just me.
I was more talking things like booster corruption and TV deals. The kind of money that took some of these teams from being a regional interest to the expansion of a corn-bred Midwest conference that now includes teams from both coasts and every major television market. ;)

Those kids should certainly get paid for the amount of money they bring to these schools.

I was more talking things like booster corruption and TV deals. The kind of money that took some of these teams from being a regional interest to the expansion of a corn-bred Midwest conference that now includes teams from both coasts and every major television market. ;)

Those kids should certainly get paid for the amount of money they bring to these schools.
The one thing I am pissed off about is it was the corporate greed and Fox TV that broke up the Pac 12, which was my conference my whole life and now Iā€™m in the BIG10 but even though Iā€™m pissed, Iā€™d be lying. If I said, I am not happy that we fell into what is now arguably the best conference in college football however that worked out because my dad is a huge Oregon State fan and they got hosed in realignment and that team may never recover and even though I feel bad for them , and there fan base, it is what it is

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back