Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

139gr CX loads for 7mm-08?

yakimanoob

Hey folks,

Is anyone loading the 139gr 7mm Hornday CX in 7mm-08?

The Ace Hardware near my house started carrying them for ~$0.80/ea, so I just picked up a box of 50. I have H4350, RL-16, and IMR4064 on hand, and Hornady and Hodgdon post data for those so I'll give them a shot. I'm curious what kind of results other folks have been getting. My rifle really liked the factory GMX superformance, so I'm hoping I can find a powder combo that these bullets like since they're available locally.

Cheers!

I haven't reloaded for the 139 CX but have run half a box of the loaded superformance round through my 7-08, I was unimpressed with accuracy through my weatherby vanguard s2 just as I have been unimpressed in loaded or reloaded prior version Hornady GMX mono's. Minute of dinner plate type of accuracy.

I haven't loaded the CX. I have loaded the SST and the GMX in 139 gr for my 7mm-08. I've had fantastic results using IMR4350. Below is a pick from testing different loads with the SSTs and the IMR4350 outperformed all of them. This was the best group, but every group I have shot has been under 1" at 100 yds. And I'm not shooting a super expensive rifle. It's a Savage Axis II. Sectional density is the same on the CX as the GMX. I would try the H4350 you have first and go from there.
IMG_0752.JPG

Thanks! I have a test run of the CXs loaded over H4350 and ready for my next range trip. The next two weeks are crazy but thankfully I've got plenty of time before hunting season.

I suspect you will get a pretty good load developed with a little bit of work. I have a 7mm RM load developed for the CX-150 with H4831SC. Getting 3160 fps (avg) and 0.51 MOA (max) over a 40-round load confirmation cycle. Std deviation is just under 8.5 fps. That was good enough for my needs.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back